Beatles Re-Mastered

oldenough

Hey Jerol, Had a little more time to listen....I know these songs from the inside-out, I play them, I was brought up with them.....Maybe just a little bias may be here.....But I have to say that NO music collection/lover should be without this set. the re-working of these albums to my ears is a revelation, The changes, or should I say....Ok I don't know what to say, I just listen to music....These albums could have been recorded yesterday, they are fresh, they are 21st century. The DVD that comes with it is a real treat in itself. The presentation and finish of the whole package is well worth the price. If you are not a Beatles fan nothing will turn you into one, but if you are sorta on the fence... then without a doubt this will push you over. If I could burn everybody on the forum a copy for Christmas then I sure would.[:D][Y][8]

If I could burn everybody on the forum a copy for Christmas then I sure would.Big SmileYesMusic

Private Message Sent! [;)]

My Friend bought the stereo set and is loaning them to me one at a time. They sound great and I too recommend them. Well, the three I have heard.

OldE, did you get the stereo or the mono set?

Oh, and nice score on the picture. A great find for $10!

Hey Dennie, I got the stereo set...I would have liked to have had Mono but they were special order...so maybe later. The two examples of mono that had to be used on the "First" album because the original twin track tapes had been discarded, were real stand-outs on that album. The mono set will be on top of my wish list.

Revelation is the word I use to describe the impact of these discs to people who haven't heard them.

It's like being in the room with them.

I, too, grew up with the Beatles. The soundtrack of my early teens (and the rest of my life).

jerol

Quit struggling, I have the mono vinyl and stereo vinyl, and the differences between them is considerable and still exists in this set. That is not to say they are bad just different. The left and right channels on a lot of them are panned hard, and was probably done that way simply cos they could, with no real thought for the end product. There are others here who can probably explain this better, but from what I have heard so far then Mono would still be my first choice. Forget the fact that you OWN a STEREO.

Besides being different mixes, mono is how the Beatles imagined their music. Stereo was considered a marketing thing. Abbey Road and Let It Be are the only albums to be mixed for stereo.

jerol

"Let it Be" and Abbey Rd...surely have benefited from this re-mastering more so than each of the others...Probably because there was more to work with.

Besides being different mixes, mono is how the Beatles imagined their music. Stereo was considered a marketing thing. Abbey Road and Let It Be are the only albums to be mixed for stereo.

jerol

"Let it Be" and Abbey Rd...surely have benefited from this re-mastering more so than each of the others...Probably because there was more to work with.

I don't think so. As they are already stereo, it's the clarity that stands out. The earlier releases, known for their muddled sound, are the ones that amaze me.

jerol

jerol

Actually, those two albums were the only ones not to be released in mono. All of the albums were mixed for stereo.

I initially bought the mono set (preorder), then caved ([;)]) when I saw the stereo box for $100 on Amazon...for 3 minutes!

The way I've heard it, at the time few people had stereo set-ups, especially in Europe. You'll notice all the remasters are of UK releases (i.e. no Yesterday and Today, Beatles '65, etc.). Apparently there (unlike here in the US), record labels would not release albums containing previously released singles.

I agree, these discs (and the sets) are superb. I grew up with this music, too. Still remember that Ed Sullivan show...

beatles-mono.jpg

beatles_stereo_boxset1.jpg