New business venture

Invidiosulus

I also don't need a test or measurements to comprehend an improvement to the Khorn bass bin from enclosing the backs. It would be obvious to anyone who heard them. Measurements wouldn't make it any more obvious, nor would it change the sound of the speaker.

But Measurements would show what has changed..! and at a minimum if any balancing network changes were needed to maintain proper frequency balance of the system.

IMHO it's just foolish to argue against properly implemented and analyzed measurements just as it would be foolish to not include listening test under controlled conditions in an acoustically balanced listening room.

mike tn

I don't disagree.

Right now I'm working with "known" elements, so it's just not so critical.

Greg

They are very cool. Have you heard one? How is the stereo separation, imaging, soundstage?

Although I had heard some of the best JBL home systems from the 70s (L200 Studio Master as example), I have not heard a Paragon. I have SEEN one back in the day, but they looked a little dated even back then and I was not interested in high efficiency loudspeakers back then.

Thanx, Russ

I don't disagree.

Right now I'm working with "known" elements, so it's just not so critical.

Greg

But are they known?

As I understand it you have put a driver on a new horn on a modified bass bin.

By sticking strictly to exact copies of parts and designs from another company my JPB brand speakers will not need to undergo their own testing.

-JPB(himself)

• 3 months later...