Fixed!

Jakeg123

Last night I ordered a Yamaha RX-V663. This morning I got an e-mail saying that it was out of stock and they said they can do a complementary upgrade to an RX-V665. I know that the newer amp in the RX-V665 is not as good, nor as powerful as the one in the RX-V663. It looks like the RX-V665 is 20Hz - 1kHz and the RX-V663 is 20 Hz to 20 kHz. If I get a separate amp that is 20 Hz to 20 kHz and hook it up via pre-outs, will it make the signal 20 Hz to 20 kHz?

The 1kHz mark is what the amp power rating uses as the benchmark. The 663 used a frequency "spread" of 20-20k for the rating. It's integrated and you do not need a separate pre, etc. If you have not already done so, try to find the 663, it's better. The 665 has additional HDMI inputs, etc, from what I understand.

The equivalent of the 663 is the 765. The primary difference is in the power ransformers.

See: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79111

It sounds like a "bait and switch" tactic to me, but I am always suspicious when I order anything that is supposedly in stick, then get notified that "suddenly" it's not available, but "we can upgrade your order to... at no extra cost", etc.......

I originally ordered the RX-V663 form electronics expo but they said they were out of stock. They asked me if I wanted to "upgrade" to the RX-V665 and I said yes. After doing some research, I found out that the amp in the RX-V665 is not nearly as good as the one in the RX-V663. I called them and told them that changing my order to the RX-V665 is not an upgrade at all, so they ended up switching it the the RX-V765 for no extra cost![:D]