Need help with subwoofer selection! SVS? eD?

TRV86Caprice

I have been researching some Elemental Designs and SVS subs. I like what I see. I have about $800 to spend. I am not worried about how much space the cab will take up. I will be listening to a lot of movies and music. I am using KLF-20's as mains and the KLF-C7 as a center. I want a sub that can handle the 20hz - 80hz range with ease. I appreciate any advice in advance!

-Thomas

My SVS is awesome! I would buy another in a heartbeat and if you research the net, I don't believe you will find any negative feedback on any of their products. Keep an eye on Audiogon and Videogon and score a nice used one. A word of warning-it's bigger than most Buicks!

Hey whats up man. I just got my new ED A5-350 yesterday and its a monster. So far its doing an awesome job for music but I havent watched a movie on it yet(to much football on). But seeing how its kinda geared twoards movies, I am sure its gonna be awesome. But it is also very good for music. I dont think you can do much better for preformance wish for the price than it. It doesnt have the best looking finish on it, but its good enough. And seeing how you dont care how big it is, even better, cause its alot bigger than I though it was gonna be. haha. I also have RF-7's and an RC-7 center, and the mains seem to blend very well with them, but I am pushing them with an Emo XPA-3. Good luck with your purchase. Also I dont know how good SVS customer service is but ED's is awesome! Bunch of cool dudes over there.

I'm biased towards SVS having owned two of their units, but I don't think you could go wrong either way. It might help to see if you can find a pre-owned one nearby you on audiogon, eBay, craigslist, etc. to save a little bit of dough.

Hey whats up man. I just got my new ED A5-350 yesterday and its a monster. So far its doing an awesome job for music but I havent watched a movie on it yet(to much football on). But seeing how its kinda geared twoards movies, I am sure its gonna be awesome. But it is also very good for music. I dont think you can do much better for preformance wish for the price than it. It doesnt have the best looking finish on it, but its good enough. And seeing how you dont care how big it is, even better, cause its alot bigger than I though it was gonna be. haha. I also have RF-7's and an RC-7 center, and the mains seem to blend very well with them, but I am pushing them with an Emo XPA-3. Good luck with your purchase. Also I dont know what SVS customer service but ED's is awesome! Bunch of cool dudes over there.

I have been keeping my eye on the A5-350, that really looks like a monster of a performer. I am glad to hear it's awesome.

I will be checking local CList ads for SVS and eD stuff, but why would someone be selling these babies unless they are upgrading? :/

go with the A5-350 and don't look back. i have their A2-300 and it's amazing. in fact i have compared it to a Bob Carver Signaure Sunfire 12" and i have to say, it keeps up. i don't know all what to listen to or have equipement to spec it out, but to me, they sounded very close. i deffently don't see a $2000+ price difference. don't get me wrong, the Sunfire sub was better, but i wouldn't pay the money for it. that type of sub just ins't in my price range. i lucked out and got it FREE!

go with the A5-350 and don't look back. i have their A2-300 and it's amazing. in fact i have compared it to a Bob Carver Signaure Sunfire 12" and i have to say, it keeps up. i don't know all what to listen to or have equipement to spec it out, but to me, they sounded very close. i deffently don't see a $2000+ price difference. don't get me wrong, the Sunfire sub was better, but i wouldn't pay the money for it. that type of sub just ins't in my price range. i lucked out and got it FREE!

A7S - 450 Subwoofer - $50 more??? Would this be worth entertaining? It has a larger driver. And I like the idea of a sealed enclosure. And thoughts?

i don't see why not. call them up and talk to them about it. the A5 does go down to 18hz and the A7S goes down to 22hz. you would need an Eq to make it go lower. choice is up to you. i purchased eD subs because "The Ear" reccemended it. if says they are good subs, then i believe him.