Good preamp for Emotiva seperates?

MJK601

Well Ive got KLF 30s and 20s. Was thinking about getting the emotiva seperates and running a pre amp but emotiva is out of pre amps right now. Been looking into to everything under the sun and have completely confused myself. After all the great reviews on emotiva i decided to try it out and now no pre amps. Budget wise around $1500.00 total. I know its not much but money is tight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Definately looking into 2 channel only. Was even considering just using one set of speakers for now and adding another amp later. So definately willing to build her up! Thanks!!!!!

I would pick up something off the used market to hold you over until the Emotiva is back in stock.

Check your local Craigslist and see if you can pick up something for a couple hundred bucks. A lot of A/V receivers have preouts and can be picked up cheap, to hold you over. Heck the Pioneer VSX 1014xx is going for under $500 brand new and would make a dandy HT rig, if you wanted one down the road. It even does HDMI 1.3, I think.

Good luck,

Dennie

I would pick up something off the used market to hold you over until the Emotiva is back in stock.

Check your local Craigslist and see if you can pick up something for a couple hundred bucks. A lot of A/V receivers have preouts and can be picked up cheap, to hold you over. Heck the Pioneer VSX 1014xx is going for under $500 brand new and would make a dandy HT rig, if you wanted one down the road. It even does HDMI 1.3, I think.

Good luck,

Dennie

did you mean the VSX-1019?

Good luck,

Dennie

did you mean the VSX-1019?

Yes I did. Sorry about that! I read a review from a forum member (different forum) and he was thrilled with it. I just looked up the spec's and I see that it doesn't have pre-outs. I thought it did. It is still a very good receiver for the price, but it may not be what he needs.

Dennie

Thanks a bunch for the info guys...I ve been going back and forth for a while now. Im sick of listening to my ipond. Gotta make a move. What do you all think about going with a mcintosh c28 and 2105?

You're not making dinner reservations, you are buying a piece of gear that you may have for 10 or 20 years. Slow down and do it right. If you want the matcing Emotiva, just wait.