Remember her?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go fini! Now that I see how your mind works, it is no wonder your the king of all the yard sales you survey!

Oh, and by the way, I got an email this morning about a new thrust for the Self Guided Art Tour at the Exploratorium. All gastronomic bias aside, the Exploratorium can indeed be a nice place to meet... but I do tend to get lost in the exhibits and how they are built to convey concepts to open minds. You probably got the same email if you are a member.

John, I must commend you on finding two neat examples to remind me to clean some cobwebs out of the old noodle. Both of them were so familiar and, yet, they just didn't spring to mind. When fini correctly hit on Fellini... a great rush of old memories were revisited... thanks to you both.

I didn't need fini's help once you gave the Chaplin clue. I once helped my grandmother unpack some crates of antique collectables and one of the old newspapers used in the original packing had a large photo of Chaplin with Oona returning home after a trip to the orient.

But, the nimble fingered fini beat me to the reply... and rightly so. You know from the hits that lots of folks (like me) were sitting on the "stumps" poking out of Lake Success... and fini was really the only one in the swim of things.

Thanks again, John, for creating a worthwhile diversion. HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-14-2002 at 09:23 AM

Pardon fini, the remark was a tad jocular... but if the truth be known... we both probably have a clue or three.

Your spontaneous offhand remarks in general and (abashEd stance taken) out-of-hand references to me in particular... have brightened my Klipsch Forum experience (thoughtful stance resumEd).

All this for someone who addressed the then unknown Giuliette as a "chicken" rather than a "chick"... what class!

I mean that's so much class you must be enjoying the 5th grade all over again! Wink.gif -HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-14-2002 at 10:49 AM

fini-very impressive! Oona certainly was quite the looker. Nice photo.

HornEd-In the back of my mind, I thought for sure you'd answer one of them. Masina is especialy interesting being Fellini's wife AND a great actress.

She died in 1994. Cigarettes killed her.

More to come,

jw