Should I trade in my plasma for 2 new ones?

Riot260

I have a VIZIO VM60P HDTV that was purchased from Costco prior to the 90 day policy. When purchased it was advertised as 1080p well it actually down converts 1080i to 720p and doesn't even accept 1080p as advertised and printed on the box. Costco said I could return it whenever I like.....been holding out. Have about $2400 invested that would be a full credit towards one extra nice LED 1080p or 2 decent plasma or LCD 1080p TVs. My 2nd theater room is supposed to ready Mar 1 and trying to decide what do you think?????????

The VM60P actually has a better picture than many 1080p sets I've seen. But come March I'll need a 2nd monitor. LMK

Thanks!

$2400 will get you a nice Samsung 55" LED edge lit TV. Yes, you won't get two screens, but the one you do get will get really good.

If you must split the money and get two - wait for a good deal. I've seen Sony 52' W5100 for $1200 with free bluray player at Frys recently. So two of those or similar model from Samsung will do.

No way I'll buy a Panasonic they have toooooo many problems

Panasonic is the most problem free dependable plasma made. Very reliable with excellent customer service.

BTW, Vizio is one of the worst! Also Vizio does not supply replacement parts after the warranty expires.

There is a thread on this forum right now a problem with a Panny. Panasonic had horrible problems with bulbs on their lcds. New LCDs lasting only 2 months then after a 6 week turn around on the warranty repair the bulbs burnt out again in 2 weeks. This was wide spread about 2 years ago when I bought my 1st flat panel and was researching then. Then I saw the thread on here and did a search Pannys are still troublesome. I have a Vizio 37 LCD and the 60 Plasma no problems. I bought a Vizio 50 for my father in law no problems there either. My Dad's 42 Samsung plasma has a red line down the right side 4" from the edge.....burn in from watching 4:3?????

I guess if you search any brand there will be lemons that stand out. It just seemed Panny's LCDs had alot of complaints. I had one in my cart when for whatever reason I looked at the reviews.....what a nightmare.

I just did a search it seems Polaroid is the worst by far. Nothing but good reviews for Panny's plasmas now. Other than this one: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/129399/1310425.aspx#1310425

I'll keep looking, thanks for the input!