Office system...

oldenough

Tell us how you really feel about Marantz products :)

I must admit I am in fact quite partial to Marantz...I have four of their receivers, couple of T/T's, three cassette decks, and this system which usually does duty out on our deck in the summer. The speakers are a little flashy with the grills off, but they sound pretty decent are well constructed and they dig down deeep.

Sadly, I don't have an office system. You guys are way too rich! Sad

Believe me I ain't rich (sadly), but I'm not complainin', I got a good woman, a warm comfy house and I get fed and watered. Hey looks like your doing ok for yourself, nice systems....[:D]

Oldenough what tape decks do you have, I have one of my dads from back in the day. But it needs a new belt(i think), model number is 1810 with wood grain case.

I will post pics of my computer/2channel/office/library room thing that's a disaster. Later

duder

Oldenough what tape decks do you have, I have one of my dads from back in the day. But it needs a new belt(i think), model number is 1810 with wood grain case.

I will post pics of my computer/2channel/office/library room thing that's a disaster. Later

duder

Hey Duder, I have a 5025, 5020, and a SD-1015. i think I also need a new belt on the 5025, but I don't use it often so I'm not too worried. If I listen to tapes then I use my Nak.

Gorgeous gear. I too am partial to the old stuff and short on dough. I took my Large Advents and set them about 4 feet apart. I then took an old folding table and placed it across them. I have a 70s vintage Pioneer Amp and I'm running my computer through it. Pandora sounds pretty good once it's been suitably massaged!

I keep a sharp eye on the local CL for Marantz, Sansui and Pioneer gear. I never see tube gear here, nor much hi-end audiophile stuff. When I do, I usually can't afford it. But, I'm very happy with my gear and with Pandora. After you spend some time fine tuning the stations it can be a wonderful asset.

My office system is a Scott 222c a oppo cd player and a pair of Dynaco A25 speakers/ I mostly listen to Pandora from my computer. It sounds great.

J

Hi Josh, How do you like them Dynaco's? They were one of my favorite speakers I gave my pair to a neighbor, but I do still have a pair of Dynaco A-40XL, they sure made some nice sounding speakers for little money.