Klipsch vs Paradigm

ZeusofBoost27

Ok so ive been searching around for HT setups and this is what ive narrowed it down to

Option 1:

Reciever Onkyo sr706

Front Speakers Klipsch RF-52

Center Speaker Klipsch RC-52

Sub Infinity PS212

Option 2:

Reciever Onkyo sr706

Front Speakers Paradigm SE 1

Center Speaker Paradigm CC-290

Sub Infinity PS212

Im pretty much set on the receiver and the sub as you can see. However, i need help deciding on the speakers.

Which setup is better? Any recommendations on different speakers is welcomed too. Nothing more expensive that what i already have though

Thanks a lot

• Moderators

Ok so ive been searching around for HT setups and this is what ive
narrowed it down to:

Option 1:
Reciever – Onkyo sr706
Front Speakers – Klipsch RF-52
Center Speaker – Klipsch RC-52
Sub – Infinity PS212

Option 2:

Reciever – Onkyo sr706

Front Speakers – Paradigm SE 1

Center Speaker – Paradigm CC-290

Sub – Infinity PS212

Im pretty much set on the receiver and the sub as you can see. However,
i need help deciding on the speakers.
Which setup is better? Any recommendations on different speakers is
welcomed too. Nothing more expensive that what i already have though
Thanks a lot

Which setup is better?

It's personal preference. Have you listened to both brands? Many like Paradigm's laid back sound; I do too but I much prefer the live, in your face sound of Klipsch.

Welcome to the forum!

i have heard klipsch, but never Paradigms. there kinda hard to audition because not many places carry them.

im just looking for some thoughts from the pro's right now. im gonna try to audition the speakers soon

I would go Klipsch. Even if you find them a little bright (I don't) you will be impressed by the dynamics, output, sensitivity and how they just make music fun to listen to. They're also great for HT use. Are you set on that sub?You could do so much better for the $300 or so it costs. Elemental Designs for instance makes the A2-300 that will literally destroy the Infinity in every possible way. Stay away from mainsteam budget brands like those. There are much much better lesser known options available.

Those two companies are the two that I do alot of researching/comparing on. Between the two that you mention, I'd go with the Klipsch as they will sound smoother cause they won't have to use as much amp power to drive them to any levels you may desire. The Klipsch also have a smoother response between the two. Just a note, Paradigm makes some pretty clean subs!

Buddy of mine just got into home audio/theater, he went Paradigm, where as I'm obviously Klipsch. He went with Monitor 11's (beasts!) and the cc-290. You can see my set-up below. Completely personal preference. However, if you like "live" music, there is nothing like Klipsch. I'm sitting here watching the Kings of Leon blu-ray and it makes me smile. The sound is just sooooo good, like you're THERE good.

The Paradigms are great speakers, very well made. Their sound is just a bit mellow for me.

Jrod

PS- I will say this... He always complains about his not being as "loud" as mine (which it's not).

PSS- I was trying to be as impartial as I could be...I did a pretty crappy job, sorry. Get the Klipsch stuff.[;)]

Go with one of the following Klipsch "Heritage" series on the mains, and you will not be disapointed:

1) Klipsch Forte or Forte II's

2) Klipsch Chorus

3) Klipsch Cornwall

The RF series is not as full of a sound, but that is just my humble opinion. Also look for some vintage Klipsch products for your center and satellites.