A Mistake Changing the TYPE Of Capacitors In Old Klipsch Speakers

ka7niq

My diapraghms were bad, and some here suggested them to me. In retrospect, I really wish I had not bought them, because I plan to sell the Cornwall II's.

Many buyers cringe at the thought of non stock Klipsch Parts in the Corn II's. In many buyers eyes, my Cornwalls are but a tinker toy now, I have seriously hurt the re sale of my speakers! If I had it to do over, I would have bought STOCK Klipsch diapraghms from Klipsch, and NEVER mentioned I have been inside the Cornwalls.. One guy said " if you changed the tweeter insides, how do I know they wre done right, and what ELSE have you done" ? I prefer some other speakers i own to the Corn II's, and they need a new home, just having trouble finding one!

If you feel that way about them, get the originals from Klipsch and put them back in. I'll send you my old diphragms from my K-77M tweets if if you will stop complaining about it.They don't cost that much. I can send you some old crossover caps, too.

I have said that sonically they are the best 60 dollars I have ever spent on my Cornwall II's. It has effected resale with the potential buyers I have encountered so far. That is the only complaint I have of them. The Corwall 2's occupy the space the E/V Sentry III's will go in,,I own B&W 801's, Big Polk SDA SRS 2B's, JBL S 412 P's, old vintage Pioneer Horns, plus several small monitor type speakers Marvel. They are in my way, out of room here !

I have ALL my speakers, except the E/V Sentry III's for sale

Unfortunately DeanG, I have neither the time, nor the Inclination, to use a word processor for a word by word rebuttal. I will only say that you parts and crossover sellers have enjoyed a free ride on this Forum for a LONG time, IMHO I really WISH I could get on the Local Tampa Bay Forum, and post what I know about cleaning roofs,LOL The minute you are found to be running any Local commercial venture on the Tampa Bay Forums, you are out of there. Klipsch has been very kind to you guys, and IMHO you have cloaked your true intentions by acting like ordinary everyday audiophiles, while you rake up the sales Klipsch might have had. You subtly, and through shills and friends,, convince Klipsch Owners their speakers "need" your Golden Screwdrivers.

You are welcome to your delusions, as I am welcome to mine. It is Friday evening, made a LOT of money today, a Jazz Band is playing down the street.

I will be sure to suggest they need an AK 47 crossover, equipped with Sonic Traps, blessed by Dean Golly Gee in his ISO 2000 shed, as I enjoy some live music.