CD source for purchase

smuttynose

Hey,

looking for a good source for CD purchase online. I have used Bull Moose music in the past but more because I lived up in the north east and there were even brick and mortar stores. i am almost solely harnessed to internet buying now so what is a good source. just for info, my tastes are of the late sixties and seventies mostly, rock and pop, looking to fill out my missing stuff from getting rid of LPs and no longer having those college buds next door to borrow from. for example, I was trying to find the YES album close to the edge and it was kind of like road signs up in New Hampshire.

Thanks in advance.

For new products, it's been my experience that Amazon has almost everything available (at least mainstream, maybe not obscure indie releases), and CDUniverse (same as DVDUniverse) has a lot also. You might have to do some calculation to see which is lower after shipping is added.

I also use half.com to find used CDs, which can often be had for 1/2 to 1/3 of original retail. Half.com is owned by Ebay and sellers have the same feedback records, so you can tell who is a trustworthy seller.I have purchased probably 50 CDs from half.com, and have received only 2 or 3 defective ones (and got refunds).

I buy a lot of music used. This guy has an Amazon "Storefront" and has "hard to find" and "out of print" CD's and you can trust the quality, which can be hard to find with used CD's. Click here---> BIG VALLEY MEDIA I do know the guy, but I am not affiliated, nor do I profit in any way from his sales. I just purchase from him and trust him.

If you're looking for Gold CD's or XRCD's, the more "exotic" stuff. ACOUSTIC SOUNDS is a lot of fun.

As mentioned, Amazon and CDuniverse have big inventories.

Hope this helps,

Dennie

I use half.com a lot, too. Its affiliated with eBay so you give/get feedback through your eBay account. Shipping is fixed so sellers can't overcharge for shipping. I've bought a couple CDs through half.com but I mainly use it for Blu-Ray and DVD discs.