Ebay question

Coytee

Go to ebay, log in. Do a search on "Rolex box" and look under completed listings. Without having counted, there are probably 20 or more completed transactions of (empty) Rolex boxes (around the $100/200 range if you sort on price). This indicates to me that someone has listed them, someone has bought them and the transaction is complete.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something there.

Why the #(P$)($&* has Ebay cancelled my listing twice now, for an empty Rolex box? Their message is below. Clearly, if others are selling empty boxes on ebay and I can't... I must be doing something wrong? If so, what?? If I'm doing everything right, then why is mine cancelled and the others weren't?

[:@]

You recently listed the following listing:

200433022043 - Rolex Presidential Green Wave Box (empty)
The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy.

This is not allowed on eBay.

Please understand that if the manufacturer doesn't offer the accessories or other extras as a separate purchase, those items can't be listed on eBay without the accompanying branded product.

For a safer buying and selling experience on eBay, we prohibit listings for certain products that may be used to facilitate the sale of counterfeit items or enable fraud. To find out more about our policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/brand-protection.html

We also encourage you to review our rules for sellers:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-rules-overview.html
You may need to take a tutorial. The next time you sell, you may be asked to take the tutorial, if it's required. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/verotutorial/intro.html

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

folder.gifFreewareWeb Articles:

Ebay Phone Number For Customer Service

Question: I want to contact EBay customer service but can't find the EBay phone number? Please help.

Finding this information on the EBay website is quite tricky and some users have suggested this may be because EBay prefers receiving requests by email and wants to reduce the number of calls. You can contact EBay customer service at the toll-free contact numbers below:

Toll Free USA & Canada: 1-888-749-3229 / 1-800-322-9266 / 1-888-749-3229 / 1-800-322-9266

Another Direct Number: 1-408-376-7400

US PayPal phone number: 1-888-221-1161

I'll bet U a nickle that persons were selling FAKE Rolex watches in real Rolex boxes & that made the boxes valuable to scammers & Rolex complained to Ebay about the problem with Ebay offering Real Rolex boxes .......as the fakes were probley Sold elsewhere but the box is the Kicker to the scam .....

.... I M H O ...

Mike

I've been doing more digging and it seems ebay has a policy of disallowing ALL transactions like this. Their example that they give ironically, uses Rolex as the example.

I made a comment that I can see where scammers might want a genuine box to put a fake watch in...however, there might also be just as honest of a person who wants an original box to put his Grandfathers watch in....

geez

It wouldn't bother me so much however, what bites my hiney is the hit or miss proposition of them being cancelled.

I personally don't mind anyone selling something like this so I'm not going to report anyone, I've always felt ebay is a buyer beware market.

As an aside, I was going to relist them the other day and decided to try Craigslist just for kicks. I had a guy call me last night who happens to live local. He came to office today and looked at them (10). Asked if I had more (yes) and how many (probably 20/30 but I havn't counted). Said he'd take them ALL if I wanted however, he wanted to see them first (fine).

I told the wife, my gut feeling on this guy is he's probably a pawn shop guy. No disresepct meant to pawn shop people (I have one for a client) but this guy simply strikes me as nearing "sleezy". That's a strong word to use for him so I don't want to say that, but he's on that side of neutral.

Told the wife I'll take them in but expect him to give a lowball offer. He was harping on "I'll pay cash up front and save you the hassel of shipping" kind of comments. Well, if I get $100 on 30 boxes, I'd be more than happy to deal with shipping them as contrasted with getting $25 for them and washing my hands.

Now I have to decide if I want to try to keep messing with this. Since it's for the wife and her co-workers (proceeds are going to be used to throw them a work party since their store closed) I think I probably will keep pushing the ball.

I'd high ball him ! if he is a scammer then he's gonna scam anyway no matter what U do.

& He really needs those boxes to make the scam work then he will Pay good Money.

Anyone who buys a Rolex should open the back of the watch.

conterfeits are real easy to spot once the back is open .the movement is everything & the knockoffs don't look anything like a Rolex inside

E bay are a bunch of d*c*s. I recently bought a Benelli M4 shotgun extended magazine(factory part) The listing had been cancelled twice until the guy massaged the listing. Then the pric8s at Paypal took my money and held it for like 30 days becuase of "ebay policy" and the nature of the item although it violates no stated policy. I hate e-bay and paypal. I hope somebody else comes up wit a decent alternative to both and runs them out of business.[:@][8o|]

How many do you have? how much do you want?I might be interested in the lot if there is meat left on the bone.

Yeah I HATE Ebay also

paypal sucks but it is a safe way to exchange funds

money orders suck unless it's a postal money order all the other money orders like western union are a rip-off as u can't get cash back if there is lost / fraud& they want to charge you money just to investagate

& I am NOT gonna give a check OR take a check as that's just asking for ID theift

Go to ebay, log in. Do a search on "Rolex box" and look under completed listings. Without having counted, there are probably 20 or more completed transactions of (empty) Rolex boxes (around the $100/200 range if you sort on price). This indicates to me that someone has listed them, someone has bought them and the transaction is complete.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something there.

Why the #(P$)($&* has Ebay cancelled my listing twice now, for an empty Rolex box? Their message is below. Clearly, if others are selling empty boxes on ebay and I can't... I must be doing something wrong? If so, what?? If I'm doing everything right, then why is mine cancelled and the others weren't?

Angry

You recently listed the following listing:

200433022043 - Rolex Presidential Green Wave Box (empty)[:D][:D]

This is not allowed on eBay.

Please understand that if the manufacturer doesn't offer the accessories or other extras as a separate purchase, those items can't be listed on eBay without the accompanying branded product.

For a safer buying and selling experience on eBay, we prohibit listings for certain products that may be used to facilitate the sale of counterfeit items or enable fraud. To find out more about our policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/brand-protection.html

We also encourage you to review our rules for sellers:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-rules-overview.html
You may need to take a tutorial. The next time you sell, you may be asked to take the tutorial, if it's required. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/verotutorial/intro.html

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

Shave and put a tie on next time...