Heresy II's For Sale (Upgrading) Any Takers?

DVois

Have for sale a solid pair of II's with risers in black clothe grills and in good shape for their age they have a couple of nicks but in back corners. The components are mint and they have never been clipped or overpowered. I will have some pics on by the weekend if you want me to e-mail them to you, send me you e-mail address via (dougvoisine@msn.com).... The serials are cosecutive (8924692 & 8924693) The finish is ( H BR SRB ). I have seen some nasty Heresy II's go for some big bucks on EBAY, but I rather not go that route. I would rather sell them to someone on the klipsch BB as I would feel like I am selling them to family sort of speak and giving them first refusal on them. Have to get $400 for the pair plus the buyer must pay the shipping & Insurance. I live in Maine and I am 3 hrs. from boston if this helps. I currently have a pair of Cornwall's and in the process of getting a pair of LaScala's to complete my system

------------------

Current System

Cornwalls 1 (LF/RF)

Hersey II's (LR/RR)

RC-7 (Center)

KSW-12 (Sub)

Adcom GTP500

Yamaha DSP-A1

H/K DVD-50

(Future Expansion)

LaScala's

AVR 8000

Nice combo with the La Scala's and Cornwalls, but why get rid of the Hersey II's? Should use them for HT and 6.1(c, rc) Keep the front centre upright on riser in front of tv, angle up to the horn load. For rptv 50"+ flip it upsidedown(on top) so the horns are at least inline somewhat and the 2nd Hersey for rear centre. A better HT idea with Heritage speakers than a single RC7...IMO, get the RSW12\15 to compliment your system. The Paradigm PWS 1000\1200\2200 smoke the KSW line IMO.

Klipsch 93 Oiled Oak(OO) Khorns(f)

Klipsch 00 RB(finished in OO veneer) La Scala's(rs)

Klipsch 01 OO Hersey II's(s)

Klipsch 01 MO klf-c7©(traded black for oak-c)sold 2nd

Klipsch 02 CH RSW15

Monster HTPS-7000 Reference Power Source

TEAC 3340B (reel to reel tape deck)

Pioneer GR777 EQ

Musical Fidelity phono pre-amp

Marantz 6200 turntable(soon to be Thorens)

Marantz SR18EX A\V Receiver

2- Marantz MA700 mono block amps(Khorns), sold 3rd 1.

Marantz DV7100(dvd)

Marantz CD4160 (3 disk carousel CD with side burner)

Marantz VM5100 S-VHS hifi vcr

Marantz TD4050 dual casette deck

Toshiba 625W VHS hifi vcr

Toshiba 53HX71 RPTV(exchanging for Toshiba 34HF81)

DVDO Iscan V2(line doubler, soon to sell after RPTV)

all Monster Cable all around, with Chang power cords.

To add, loved and had the Adcom, GFA585LE, GFA545II, GFA535, GCD575, GCD700, GTP500II, ACE515 Enhancer, last but least the ole speaker selector box#???? DOH...to bad the Company went the way they did SOLD.

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 03-15-2002 at 04:33 AM

Yeah, Boomer! Take the tip from Santa and you will discover not only great 6.1 HT with your present Yamaha... but also the wave of the future with the Heritage Klipsch Sound... multi-channel music.

At the very least, do yourself a favor and at least listen to one Heresy II as a center and the other as a rear channel when the LaScala's arrive.

A pair of Heresy II's in good condition is like money in the bank... but the odds are they will provide a greater return. This may be especially true as Heritage speakers are re-introduced by Klipsch next month. The extra fan fare, some of which is reported by BobG to occur on this Forum, should boost the value of your pair for someone that wants to make a multi-channel Heritage system.

That's why some far less than prime Heritage II's have sold for such high prices on eBay. I appreciate you wanting to have someone in the "Forum Family" make a home for your speakers... and your asking price is fair enough for a Forum buyer... but as a seasoned investor and Klipsch fancier... at least hold out until after the official announcement stirs greater interest in the Heritage line.

I am sure our Canadian Cousin, boomer9911, joins me in cautioning another Forum Family member to hold off just a bit, taste the 6.1 Heritage sound, and sell off any dissenting family member to raise the $400cwm20.gif -HornEd

PS: Okay, strike that last option, togetherness CAN outperform ANY audio system!

------------------

HORNED'S EIGHT THEATRICAL LEGENDS, FIVE+ MUSICAL HERITAGES & A ROADIE...

SETTING THE STAGE FOR THE "THEATER OF THE MIND"...

KLF-30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

KLF-30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners. Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808 Upscale Monster Cables and Interconnects

CHANNELING THE MUSIC EXPERIENCE FROM 2 TO 6!

'97 Klipschorn - Mains, '99 Klipsch Belle - Center '83 Cornwall - Surrounds, '93 Academy - Rear Effects

Walnut w/ Cane Grilles. Final Amps, etc. to be determined after long discussions with Klipsch Forum Members.

THE MOVEABLE (EAR) FEAST...

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome... an acoustics challenge in 8' x 30'... vandalized... but soon to be "On the Road Again!"

s>

Soundog... your point is well made and well taken. My supposition is that the length of time it took to find a horn builder to give Klipsch acceptable price/performance numbers probably involved a number of compromises that would add value to the older version. But, you are right, it's a crap shoot! -HornEd

if it's one thing i've learned since dealing with this company is that Klipsch has integrity

my money is on the drivers being of the same quality or better -- with an almost insignificant price increase

------------------

dean

This message has been edited by deang on 03-16-2002 at 06:22 PM

How true, it's been 2 yrs. There are "many" people on this board who ordered(like myself Feb01)Heritage speakers over 1 year+ and have sat patiently. I can't see the h\tweeter driving up the price that much, since that was the piece of the puzzle that was missing.

All I can say, it's about time! Congrats to everyone on this board that is finally getting their Heritage order.....*cheers* Smile.gif

A belated Happy Birthday PWK Smile.gif

THEY ARE MINE NOW, GENTLEMEN!

I turned yesterday into quite a nice road trip to Portland, Maine. I drove up with a friend who was visiting a sick uncle at Maine Medical, and generally visiting with family up there. While she was visiting with family, I hooked up with a law school classmate who is now praticing in Portland and met Doug for the big purchase. Doug is a good guy. I spent the rest of the day hanging out with friends in Portland, and visiting NE Audio (I think that is its name -- nice, small, family-owned, authorized Klipsch dealer).

The Speakers are indeed very clean looking -- they aren't the most beautiful pair you'll ever see, but are really cool. I do wonder why Klipsch offered a birch veneer at all once they switched over to MDF (I can see having a birch "veneer" when the speakers are constructed from birch plywood, but why cover MDF in a sheet of birch?). Anyway, they are very presentable, and, did I mention, they look REALLY COOL!!. I probably will sand, or steel wool, them very lightly and apply a new coat of stain. What do you think? I certainly don't want to sand through to the MDF by accident.

As far as how they sound? Well I'll have to post that later, as they are still in the trunk of my car! (I have a physical disability, so I will need to find an available friend to lug them up to my apartment).

I am open to suggestions as far as how to enjoy these bad boys. I currently have a Legend based HT system in the living room (KLF 20s, C7, S6s driven by Rotel power amp and Sherwood Newcastle pre/pro). In the bedroom I have a Krell KAV 300i driving B&W CDM1SEs. So, I'll test the Heresys on the living room system (I don't even want to hear them hooked up to the Krell beast), but eventually will try to hook them up in the bedroom either as a second system (!) or as replacements for the Krell and B&Ws if I can get a good price for them. May seem like a "down grade" (at least price wise), but the Krell/B&W, while fun for awhile, are not all that thrilling.

So, what would be a good, most likely used, amplifier? I'd love to go tubes, though I could see getting some old NAD or Rotel integrated amp for really cheap.

Doug -- thanks. I went over to NE Audio and met Andy. He seems like a good guy, and of course knew you. The one killer -- he had a beautiful, clean pair of Heresy Is (circa 1974), also in stained birch (but real plywood) that he had just sold . . . for $200! Oh well, such is life. I'll let you know how I like the IIs once I get them set up.

This message has been edited by JoshT on 03-18-2002 at 11:26 AM

Josh,

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad you met Andy at "New England HiFi" Probally the best Klipsch Dedicated store on the face of the planet. I bought my first ever system from Andy over 20 years ago and have refered a ton of people to him, he seems to make people feel like family when you are talking to him in the store, Nice Guy.

I hope you enjoy the Heresy's for many more years too come, they have a ton of life left in them.

I will let you know how the Cornwall's and LaScalas match up to each other.

Doug

------------------

Current System

Cornwalls 1 (LF/RF)

Hersey II's (LR/RR)

RC-7 (Center)

KSW-12 (Sub)

Adcom GTP500

Yamaha DSP-A1

H/K DVD-50

(Future Expansion)

LaScala's

AVR 8000

I have to chime in here. I'm live in maine, not far from portland and I too frequent New England HiFi. I have formed a pretty good relationship with Andy over the past few years. He and the other folks at NE hifi are the best I have ever met. Those Heresys he sold for $200 were actually turned in the week before by a guy who bought them from Andy 20 years ago. The owner and his wife bought a new house and she wanted them out. Reluctantly, the guy traded them in. 3 days later, Andy gets a call from the wife, asking him to please not sell them to anyone as her husband had "expressed his undying desire to hold on to them" He will be picking them back up in a few days. The $200 is for some minor superficial repairs Andy made while they were briefly his. Great store, great guy.

by the way, i listened to those '74 Heresy's this weekend and i loved them. They were the first I have heard of the heritage line and the sound was incredible. I am definitely hooked, there is just that small matter of money.....

This message has been edited by Foost on 03-18-2002 at 08:49 PM

Foost

Nice to hear someone else from Maine that truly enjoys the Klipsch Heritage Line. It is a small world we live in and it is funny that we both know Andy very well at "New England HiFi" that place is great. Andy really makes it user friendly when people ask to try out stuff. That place will probally be around for another 30 years just because him.

Doug

------------------

Current System

Cornwalls 1 (LF/RF)

Hersey II's (LR/RR)

RC-7 (Center)

KSW-12 (Sub)

Adcom GTP500

Yamaha DSP-A1

H/K DVD-50

(Future Expansion)

LaScala's

AVR 8000

Josh,

Let me know when you get the Heresy's hooked up to your equipment, to give them a good listen.

Doug

------------------

Current System

Cornwalls 1 (LF/RF)

Hersey II's (LR/RR) Sold

RC-7 (Center)

KSW-12 (Sub)

Adcom GTP500

Yamaha DSP-A1

H/K DVD-50

(Future Expansion)

LaScala's (any day)

AVR 8000

Hi Doug,

I certainly will. It could, possibly, be as early as tonight, but it could also be as late as the weekend. It's killing me that they are still in the trunk of my car! I thought I would have them in my apartment last night, but the coworker who was going to help me was here past midnight, and I'd had enough of work by about 9:30 p.m.

Andy is a good guy for sure. I bought a CD bookshelf from him on Sunday (decent looking -- solid oak with a finish that matches my KLF20s pretty well) and he is shipping it to me UPS for no extra charge, AND he gave me about 20 feet of speaker wire for no charge even when I said I wanted to pay him.

Foost -- great story about the Heresy Is (or is it Heresys I?). Andy told me the same story about how he got them, but not that he was selling them back for essentially the same price. Makes me wish I lived in Portland!

Josh

Hi Josh,

Man, Andy has been doing that same thing since as long as I've known him. This is why he has the utmost loyalty among people from as far down as Mass. and probally beyond. Thats why people go to him time and time again to buy their Klipsch stuff. Everyone that I know locally have only bought at one place and off the same person "Andy".

I am pumped to hear you comments on the Heresy's

Dougcwm35.gif

------------------

Current System

Cornwalls 1 (LF/RF)

Hersey II's (LR/RR) Sold

RC-7 (Center)

KSW-12 (Sub)

Adcom GTP500

Yamaha DSP-A1

H/K DVD-50

(Future Expansion)

LaScala's (any day)

AVR 8000

Hey Jayhawk --

Not Massachusetts, but Maine (unfortunately for you if you live in Connecticutt). Portland is about a 2 hour drive from Boston if you drive fast, but not crazy fast, and there is no real traffic.

There are some nice places in the Boston area, such as Spearat Sound (formerly Goodwins Audio) on Commonwealth Ave. in Boston and Goodwins High End in Waltham, but they do not sell Klipsch and have a more "exclusive" feel to them. The nice thing about New England HiFi in Portland is that the equipment is decent but not outrageously exclusive (I'd say from solid mass market stuff to highend) and the proprieter is very knowledgeable and fair and totally free of snooty attitude. I suspect that there were more places like his throughout the country 20 years ago before Tweeter, Etc. became mass market and generic and Circuit City and Best Buy became omnipresent.

Josh