First & Second La scala Done

kg4guy

Greg Said ==>******************* @ 100 +lbs. but I just can't see myself becoming a Bose guy!Wink****************

Us Klipsch Men love the heavy duty stuff !

;p

Mike

Going to convert those Type B crossovers I got from you to A's for the La scalas I can hook the one up anyway and give it a listen[^o)]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have owned 5 LaScalas and now 6 SP1/FH1 Peavey's...........same basic idea.........a short bass horn.

the next step for me was to cross the LaScala (a 2 3/4 ft. horn) at 150 hz down to an MWMs (a 6 ft. horn) bin to get me down to the 30 some Hz. range. from room loading. That bin lifted the treble section to a height equiv. to a Khorn, but with much better definition.

Replace the LaScala bss section with a Peavey MB-1, which took me from 400 Hz. to a 1Khz. Xover to the upper mid JBL. So basically wen from a 3 to a 4-way. No sub required for music, but yes for movies.

I'll be talking to you in the near future as I would like to build some larger bass bins and would need info on drivers.

I like the MWMs bin, simple to build, but to make a really full range speaker I would build the Lab Horn v.3.0. It's 21 1/2 " tall rather than 17" like the MWM, but is has a square footprint. It would bring your tweters up to about 4 feet high, so you may tip them down a bit depending on your couch placement.

The Lab Horns go down to 30 Hz. with room loading, and with EQ, can go flat to 20 Hz. in a normal listening room. I have rough cut most of the lumber so now I neet to trim, assemble and buy drivers as I get the cash.

If you don't mind, I would like to see a picture of the bass driver after it is mounted in the bin. I can't get it in my head which way it sets or how you even get a driver in there. There is no room.

This is a photo of the inside of the doghouse .
With woofer in