Stereo good friends & citizens

Cornman

My friends please bear with me for a moment while I vent.

This post may be considered out of place on ths forum, but since I feel I have made many good friends here, & this subject effects us all- this is an Email I sent out to friends & coworkers today ..

"Yes I am
more fortunate then most. I still have reasonably good health, & a very
good job, never the less I feel abused by our Govt. In the year of billions for
the Bankers & Investment Company’s from our Govt. & lets don’t forget
the pay raise our Representatives gave themselves this year. They have again
raised taxes on the family working class in our great country. And I as a patriot
I do not say Great Country lightly or sarcastically. In my case for example I
have received a tax return ever year in the $700.00 range. But this year I will
Owe the Govt because my daughter has turned 17, regardless of the fact that she
still lives at home & is even home schooled but is no longer considered a “Dependent” by the IRS…!. ##**#

In my opinion our country is doomed to the
same fate as other great empires in word history that overtaxes its citizens in
such a manor of inequity. It can not sustain it’s self.

But I am great
full to have friends & co workers that allow me to share this rant with.

Thank’s,"

Cornman

I have read Paul Klipsch bio book but do not recall any political comments. It would be interesting to know how a man of such intelligence and witt delt with & thought about current political direction & taxation in this country. I notice that in my grandfathers time ther were very few taxes& the country had no deficit,,now heavvvvy taxation & heavy defecit.

Cessa, you are so right we are blessed in deed to be Texans with out a state tax.

Tiger, I deal with most of my employers compliance with state regulatios, permits, inspections & Etc. The list of rules & permits $ seems never ending & always expanding from the state or city.. So to try to be self employed I can only imagin the nightmares.[8-)]

Any way my friends I dont wish to dweel on the negative lets get back to the music & let emotion-9.gifCesar be Cesar .. but lets not forget the "The sound of truth" as Pete Seeger sang of it.

Cornman

I'm with yah Bro!!! Daughter turned 17 last year I was zapped!!! Oh well.... I feel for you but what can I do? Can't fight it, and at least she's gone and our electricty, fuel, food , etc has dropped down enough to make it even....

No.... she's NOT moving back home.... Not today, tomorrow, NOT ever.... (unless she pays rent)

Tough love.... But that's life....

This post may be considered out of place on ths forum..

"Yes I am
more fortunate then most. I still have reasonably good health, & a very
good job, never the less I feel abused by our Govt. In the year of billions for
the Bankers & Investment Company’s from our Govt. & lets don’t forget
the pay raise our Representatives gave themselves this year. They have again
raised taxes on the family working class in our great country. And I as a patriot
I do not say Great Country lightly or sarcastically. In my case for example I
have received a tax return ever year in the $700.00 range. But this year I will
Owe the Govt because my daughter has turned 17, regardless of the fact that she
still lives at home & is even home schooled but is no longer considered a “Dependent” by the IRS…!. ##**#

Yeah it is out of place as it's the "2-Channel Audio" forum and not the "I'm pissed at the Govt" forum...

Second, you've either been given bad information or not done the research yourself (or both), to determine if you can claim your daughter as your dependent on your tax return...

In the simplest terms, a child can be claimed if they are under age 19 at the end of the year and/or claimed up to age 24, if they are a full-time student.

You can read about it on the IRS.gov website (which is easily searchable) under "Overview of the Rules for Claiming an Exemption for a Dependent"

The only legitimate reasons you wouldn't be able to claim your 17 year old daughter would be... if she was married and filing a joint return with her husband... or, she did not live with you for more than half the year... or, she provided more than half of her own support during the year. However, just being 17 would not, in itself, prevent her from being claimed by you as your dependent.

I'm with yah Bro!!! Daughter turned 17 last year I was zapped!!! Oh well.... I feel for you but what can I do? Can't fight it, and at least she's gone and our electricty, fuel, food , etc has dropped down enough to make it even....

No.... she's NOT moving back home.... Not today, tomorrow, NOT ever.... (unless she pays rent)

Tough love.... But that's life....

Groom-

Good luck with that dude.

Kids today don't leave home, they just go off for awhile. If you want it to be permanent, join the witness protection program!