What a depressing day...

Ray Garrison

Well, my ex-company just made the front page of the local business section...

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=3550165&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=7546&rfi=6

and the worst part of it is they are inaccurate... we (the management team) did NOT "... in its bid to persuade a larger food distribution company to acquire the company..." - on the contrary, we GOT THE CONTRACT. a SIGNED CONTRACT. With US FOODSERVICE! However, one of the board members thought they had a better deal with a direct competitor, and sent a hired gun down to announce that the deal we (management) had negotiated was "off the table". Then, THEIR deal fell though, and ours couldn't be resurected. :sigh:

Sorry to pollute the forum with personal stuff, but I needed to vent, and you guys have always been there to lend an ear... thanx

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

Sorry to hear that Ray. A somewhat similar situation happened with my company, with it eventually not gaining funding and going out of business. I know several people who can probably tell similar stories. Most startups ended up closing their doors eventually.

Ray, my heart goes out to you. I know that you are a man of very high integrity, and it must really grind on you to have a deal like that in your hands and have some short-sighted individual ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

I think I noticed on your REL Storm sale on Ebay that you're going through bankruptcy proceedings. If that's true (I sincerely hope it was an empathy ruse, but that's not like you ), my heart goes out to you and your family doubly ... If there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

These are uncertain and troubling times. I live and die by sales numbers and I've never, ever seen a tech slow-down like this one. Most of the design wins we're getting now won't ship for a year, and half of those will disappear into the Black Hole called the Far East. I understand the reality of the geo-economic infrastructure these days, but it doesn't mean that I have to like it.

I'm sure this board could make one helluva contact network for you should you feel like you could use it. If so, why don't you post a brief synopsis of what you're looking for, and the eyes and ears of all of us Klipschites will start roving on your behalf.

Ray,

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. A person truly never knows from one day to the next...but hopefully things will turn around soon.

I worry about the trend to foreign manufacturing of, well, practically everything! Although perhaps not relative to your personal situation, still very troubling for our nations long-term economic health.

Best of luck, Ray!

------------------

JDMcCall

I hope you e-mail back the writer of the article and demand a very noticeable correction made to this mis-information (read-not on page 36 under the local school lunch menus). If a negative or no response is given then tell him your going to the the papers biggest competitor and give them the a truthful exclusive. Around here both local newspapers are owned by Gannett Newservice. Man I hate massmedia!!

------------------

Tom's Money Pit