doing some research maybe needing a different sub

The Dude

After I replace all my tweeter diaphragms, a pair of caps. Pay for my wedding I am seriously looking for a new sub, I think. I have a ksw12 which I used to think was great but that was at my old house in a 11x22 family room in the basement on a concrete floor, I don't know if this has anything to do with it. But since I have moved into my new house the sub doesn't seem to do what I like. I have tried a couple of different spots that aren't near a heater vent. I have tried different cables. But I can't seem to get in tuned for movies.

What I am saying is that it sounds great for music but when it comes to explosions in movies it sounds fluttery like flatulence. Maybe something is wrong maybe its the fact its a ported sub. Maybe its my new family room setup. I don't know for some reason I think I need to try a sealed sub. But maybe not, any suggestions I know theres a lot of sub woofer guys out there.

Look forward to all the ideas

duder

P.S. I have put the sub in my favorite spot and crawled around on the floor to try and find the best spot. And two of them are about the same which aren't near a vent.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think that to answer your question you need to find a dealer that's going to have a few subs for you to listen to. I've owned Velodyne's, Def Tech, Klipsch, and listened to the SVS equipment and for me the RSW is what I like for both music and is fine for my HT, but that's what I like. Have you considered building one? That could provide you with the most bank for the buck, but I'm sure others will offer up what and why they like what they have.

Unless you can get a deal on a real go low, kick as* sub, I would really look at some of the kits from parts express. I think for your application, some of the SVS would serve you better for HT. I'll be able to tell you better what the RSW 15 sounds like with Cornwall's when I pick mine up next week.

hey parts express they dont have any good sub amps worth wile what u saying u want best thats super low 18 hertz hell of alot power in a 15 inch or 12

klispshe rocks but earthquake is what u want 1400 bucks dual 15 18 hertz beats out b and w best of best this earthquake does made in cali cheak out website those are best i ever heard depth inpack clean punch low super low concert sounds i meen this bass is huge what all big millon doler homes run i tryed the 12 dual smaller line wow did that hit just as hard as my rw12d so that monster 15 15 they sell for 1000 sumtime son line thats will nock your assapart

hey parts express they dont have any good sub amps worth wile what u saying u want best thats super low 18 hertz hell of alot power in a 15 inch or 12

klispshe rocks but earthquake is what u want 1400 bucks dual 15 18 hertz beats out b and w best of best this earthquake does made in cali cheak out website those are best i ever heard depth inpack clean punch low super low concert sounds i meen this bass is huge what all big millon doler homes run i tryed the 12 dual smaller line wow did that hit just as hard as my rw12d so that monster 15 15 they sell for 1000 sumtime son line thats will nock your assapart

If it ain't worth Willie, I mean wile, then I sertanly wudn't cunside it eythere. If not jut for the depth inpack, it mutt be wort a millon doler. The depth inpack clean punch super low, is a move I picked up watching pofesional ressling, but the most inpurtant mov is runin, spesily if sum one tring to nock ur assapart! LMAO

I just couldn't help myself................Remeber, if you can't laugh at yourself, the world is full of people that will step in and help you![:D] All in fun there nick..........and back to your regularly scheduled thread.

If your talking about me I confuse myself. Sometimes I get excited and start rambling and saying things that aren't important to the question, or even answer. Sorry if I talk to much,

Basically I was just saying that once I have money I will be looking for a new sub. But before I spend my time trying out subs maybe someone has a Idea what could be the issue with the sound coming out of mine. That's all.

Hopefully that wasn't to confusing.

duder

After I replace all my tweeter diaphragms, a pair of caps. Pay for my wedding I am seriously looking for a new sub, I think. I have a ksw12 which I used to think was great but that was at my old house in a 11x22 family room in the basement on a concrete floor, I don't know if this has anything to do with it. But since I have moved into my new house the sub doesn't seem to do what I like. I have tried a couple of different spots that aren't near a heater vent. I have tried different cables. But I can't seem to get in tuned for movies. What I am saying is that it sounds great for music but when it comes to explosions in movies it sounds fluttery like flatulence. Maybe something is wrong maybe its the fact its a ported sub. Maybe its my new family room setup. I don't know for some reason I think I need to try a sealed sub. But maybe not, any suggestions I know theres a lot of sub woofer guys out there. Look forward to all the ideas duder P.S. I have put the sub in my favorite spot and crawled around on the floor to try and find the best spot. And two of them are about the same which aren't near a vent.

I wish I could tell you how to fix what you're experiencing with your sub, but all I can tell you from experience is that your room could be the problem, but I can't tell you how to correct it. Do you have a receiver with auto room eq? If so, you may want to try that and see if it helps. I moved my sub from upstairs to the man cave while remodeling and I loved it upstairs and hate it in the basement and the only thing that has changed is the room.

Earthquake's new Supernova subwoofers with built-in IQ amplifiers deliver the tools you need to correctly adjust a room to precision audiophile status.Most subs with built-in amps use a simple equalization method that does not correct the rooms' "phase" related problems. The new Supernova MKVI subs have true room correction that take time reflections and refractions into consideration. These state of the art amplifiers fix both the arrival time and equalization while others try to equalize rooms by adjusting the volume. Would you call that room correction? The new 99% efficient Supernova subs with IQ amplifiers address the actual phase correction problem along with the room EQ.

mkiv ser even more money corects that issue i used 1st hand that smaller one mkiv smaller 12 dual that sub keeps right up with rw12d kilpsshe thats earths quakes loer line if u cant aford real subs

mkiv ser even more money corects that issue i used 1st hand that smaller one mkiv smaller 12 dual that sub keeps right up with rw12d kilpsshe thats earths quakes loer line if u cant aford real subs

All joking aside, is English your second language? I'm having trouble understanding your posts.

what else dont u get ?

Your grammar, punctuation, spelling, lack of sentence structure and capitalization is difficult for me to understand. Sorrry, it's a me problem, not a you problem.

You know you were laughing when you read my post, come on admit it. FYI Sorry has 2 r's. ROTFLMAO[:D]

ther 117 dbu at 40 hertz best there is in home cimnia theater subs unles suw ann but klipshe cimia ser sub huge they get 18 hertz lol \

earth quake sub can do 18 hertz also mkv ser

this ones cooler, go and watch some of the death metal cookie monster.

sorry now back to our program.