Mobile Fidelity

WPS

Wow, what patience. It I couldn't log on to there site after a day, I would have been on the phone asking what the problem was?!?! [^o)]

Are their CDs good?

This one is...........

IMG_7071.jpg

I recently picked up this Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs, Ultradisc II and it is the best sounding copy of DSOTM that I own. I also own the Vinyl by MoFi, but this 24k CD is just amazing. They are going for anywhere between $250-$800 on ebay and the like. It is a '93 release and is out of print.

I highly recommend just about anything from them!![Y]

Dennie

Wow, what patience. It I couldn't log on to there site after a day, I would have been on the phone asking what the problem was?!?! Hmm

Are their CDs good?

This one is...........

IMG_7071.jpg

I recently picked up this Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs, Ultradisc II and it is the best sounding copy of DSOTM that I own. I also own the Vinyl by MoFi, but this 24k CD is just amazing. They are going for anywhere between $250-$800 on ebay and the like. It is a '93 release and is out of print.

I highly recommend just about anything from them!!Yes

Dennie

Good to hear! They current have the first two Santana albums on CD. These were horible quality on CD when first released in the '80s. I think I'll order them.

Good to hear! They current have the first two Santana albums on CD. These were horible quality on CD when first released in the '80s. I think I'll order them.

The trick is to buy them new. When they go out of print, the used maket value goes way up.

Let us know how they sound.

Dennie

The trick is to buy them new. When they go out of print, the used maket value goes way up.

Let us know how they sound.

Dennie

Very true. Even with all the new audiophile vinyl out these days, MOFI continues to produce some of the best sounding LPs for a reasonable price (if you consider $30 reasonable - it's all relative). If I bought 2 of every new MOFI LP I purchased over the last 10 years, I would have easily doubled my investment. I still have a few sealed copies but I can't justify buying them and not enjoying the music. I have yet to hear a Beatles LP that tops my MOFIs. I used to buy sealed out of print MOFIs when they were still reasonable but some I wish I had kept sealed. I had a sealed Thick As A Brick that I finally opened a few years ago. I paid just over $100 for it about 7 years ago and now that's tripled. But hey, can you put a price on enjoyment?

Last summer, at a yard sale, I purchased approx. 70 MFSL Gold CDs, most still sealed. Yes, they were new. In two weeks I made almost 4K on ebay selling the ones I did not want to keep for my collection. One CD sold for almost 400 buckeroos. Oh yea, I paid $1 for the sealed ones, and 50 cents for the ones already opened. No kidding!

Last summer, at a yard sale, I purchased approx. 70 MFSL Gold CDs, most still sealed. Yes, they were new. In two weeks I made almost 4K on ebay selling the ones I did not want to keep for my collection. One CD sold for almost 400 buckeroos. Oh yea, I paid $1 for the sealed ones, and 50 cents for the ones already opened. No kidding!

I hate when that happens!

Very true. Even with all the new audiophile vinyl out these days, MOFI continues to produce some of the best sounding LPs for a reasonable price (if you consider $30 reasonable - it's all relative). If I bought 2 of every new MOFI LP I purchased over the last 10 years, I would have easily doubled my investment. I still have a few sealed copies but I can't justify buying them and not enjoying the music. I have yet to hear a Beatles LP that tops my MOFIs. I used to buy sealed out of print MOFIs when they were still reasonable but some I wish I had kept sealed. I had a sealed Thick As A Brick that I finally opened a few years ago. I paid just over $100 for it about 7 years ago and now that's tripled. But hey, can you put a price on enjoyment?

Only a weirdo would buy sealed copies and not enjoy. Garymd you have the right idea of what it's all about.

Hey DanO, did you post a picture of them over at AK? I saw a picture of stacks of Mofi disc's and I will never forget it.

It was a beautiful thing, I saved a copy so I can drool over it..........

100_1689.jpg?t=1266017914

It still makes me sad that I missed this deal!

Dennie

Gary, I am going to check my email, thanks!