Onzow-Zerodust pickup cartridge stylus cleaner

artto

Artto:

I use this product on my TT, which is just a cheapie MusicHall 2.1, with a less then fancy stylus.

It does the job and it's quick and easy to use.

If you want, I can send you mine to use for awhile for I'm not spinning vinyl much anymore.

Send me an email if you are interested in trying it out.

JJ

I use it as well. ADC tonearm (light carbon fiber affair) with a Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood cartridge. The Clearaudio has such an extended cantilever I am a little hesitant to use anything else but a ZeroDust. It works fine, can be washed if needed, and last forever. The ZeroDust cover is a magnifying glass for inspecting the sylus which is handy.

Thanks for the offer JJ. No need to go through all that. It's not that expensive. I'm just wondering how well it works. I've read a few things that concerned me, like "some kind of gel"? Or is this a dry pad, electro-statically charged or something?

Tar, I have exactly the opposite problem ~ the stylus is so tiny ~ no cantilever really. Hardly anything sticks out beyond the cartridge body. Not to mention that goofy silk tie-back string. But it works.

I use it too. I also have a bottle of the really expensive Lyra cleaner that I brush on my really expensive transfiguration cart. After about 4 years only using the Lyra (it came with my TT as a "gift" - LOL), I tried the Onzow and you would not believe how much black gunk came off. I'm guessing the Lyra was building up like bad furniture polish.

I now use the Onzow about once every 6 months and nothing seems to come off the cart anymore since that first cleaning. I still use the Lyra about once every 5 albums even though they suggest you use it every time you flip an LP. I wish I could say it improved the detail, widened the soundstage and blackened the background but heck if I could tell the difference. If I was selling the stuff for $50/bottle, I'd tell people to sprinkle it on their cheerios in the morning if they were dumb enough to listen.

I have the Onzow and think its a good product. have used it on a Shelter 901, ZU Audio 103R and my current Kontrapunt b. Worked great and I highly recommend. I bought a similar product recently from a comapny called X treme phono or something like that. Much more of a Gel like product. Have to say its harder to use because it's hard to open the stupid thing. I play guitar so i actually have nails and I cant get the damn thing open very easily. Fort my money I would stay with the Zerodust

Josh

Well, it looks like Onzow-Zerodust is it.

I've been using Last stylus cleaner and Last Stylast treatment but the stuff is old (read: not getting old ~ OLD) so it's time to replace it. Since the stylus on the Decca Jubilee is so delicate and not very accessible, difficult to see, I'm getting kind of tired of trying to brush that stuff on. My eyes ain't getting any better & I'm far sighted.

I've used several stylus cleaners over the years but once I started using the Zerodust, I never considered going back. Its easy, long-lasting and the dry approach makes good sense. I use it before every listening session and it needs to be cleaned every 100 LPs or so but that's easy enough (dab of soap on a damp cloth or a wet wipe). Thumbs up!

It works fine, can be washed if needed, and last forever.

I'm also very happy with the Zerodust. It's effective, easy to use and totally safe for the stylus. However, how do you clean it? Mine's not that dirty yet, but it will eventually need to be cleaned.

EDIT: okay, I just now saw the previous post. Question answered.