Making an upgrade tomorrow...and they're here!

wuzzzer

Well, my wife finished painting the basement except for a small area not near any speakers or electronics. Unfortunately the re-arranging of the basement from the short wall to the long wall probably isn't going to happen. My basement is just too narrow and the furniture and giant speakers don't really fit that way. So, everything in the basement is in shambles but hopefully tomorrow night I'll get to put everything back. I really was hoping to have everything set up along the long wall - I know it would sound a lot better than the way it was set up.

Who knows, maybe my creative juices will start flowing and I'll figure something out.

I haven't even hooked up my new Fortes to listen to them yet! I'm getting antsy. It will be interesting to hear what original Fortes sound like compared to my Forte IIs.

How did yopu talk your wife into painting? It seems like I have to repaint something every other year or so!

Well, she only works 15-20 hours a week and I usually work 50. She has a lot more free time than I do.

Ugh, after debating where this goes and that goes everything is finally set up. I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning when my wife's at work to really open 'er up and see what the new fortes can do!

I don't doubt that but unfortunately there's no way even 2 Khorns would work in my basement.

So, FINALLY have everything wired and set up. Ran Audyssey to balance out the speaker levels and distances. I had to end up putting my front speakers closer together than I had planned but they're still farther apart than they were before. Plus they're not inches from the side walls like they were before due to space constraints, they're several feet away.

One cool thing about re-arranging everything is I was able to install my Samson amp for my sub behind a wall in our utility room next to the house's circuit breakers. I never liked the fan noise from the amp and now I'll never have to hear it. Plus, the outlet the amp is plugged into is only about 4" from the circuit breaker and I believe on its own circuit.

• Moderators

How did yopu talk your wife into painting? It seems like I have to repaint something every other year or so!

It was easy for me no talking involved, last time I panted I did so bad I am not allowed to paint anymore ! [Y]

• Moderators

Man I would be scared to put Fortes on speaker stands, even with carpet spikes. I would have to bungee cord it to the wall. Stick out tongue

It's not bad I had some on stands high enough that the bottoms were even with the top of the Cornwalls they were sitting behind, they have much bigger stands now.

Man I would be scared to put Fortes on speaker stands, even with carpet spikes. I would have to bungee cord it to the wall. Stick out tongue

It's not bad I had some on stands high enough that the bottoms were even with the top of the Cornwalls they were sitting behind, they have much bigger stands now.

I've got Forte IIs as rears. Mine have the factory risers so thats a few inches and I made some risers (4" tall wood squares, nothing fancy) and the tweeters are at the right height to clear my couch. Its hard to tell from the pics how hight the tweeters are on your new ones.