Klipsch factory tours?

kenratboy

Are there any Klipsch factory tours? Are they "unofficial" and they run them whenever, or is there a schedual and other info? I heard someone else here went on a factory tour, are they available? Where are they? Hope, Little Rock, Indianapolis?

Thanx.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

There have been some factory tours over the years. I know of 2. It took a lot of persuasion to arrange the last one and quite a bit of insider assistance, too. Don't show up and expect to get one. There's a lot of activity and potentially dangerous machines in there. Klipsch can't afford to have an injured visitor or a distracted operator.

John

OK, so like JBL, it is all personal and private? It's funny, Mackie and QSC tell you to show up and they make sure you'll have some fun, but so many other companies don't want to see your face, just your money. If I owned/ran Klipsch, I sure as hell wouldn't want a bunch of people walking around my expensive, and potentially dangerous (to idiots) factory. I guess I can't blame them. After all, "It's all about the Benjamin's"

So where does Klipsch have big offices:

Hope, AK

Little Rock, AK (?)

Indianapolis, IN

Anywhere else. Where is distribution? Factories? Offices?

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Ken,

What do you want to see? ForrestGump trip over a power cord and fall face first on the circular saw?Or would you like to see him sit on a belt sander?I know I would like to see it.

Besides Klipsch is no Disneyland,there are no rides or shows.Unless ForrestHump tries his best to avoid loosing his limbs.LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Ken.

Since Klipsch can let us view the new factory construction on this site, why don't you request, no demand, that they mount webcams inside the factory? Put the pressure on. Don't let up. Just think of all the gas money everyone could save by not having to make the long trip to Hope. That would also be a no brainer as far as covering the safety angle. Should be a lot less injuries to us viewing all the action from the saftey of our homes.

Jethro.....

------------------

Ear. Hmmm, I think he should fall on the belt sander, which would then fling him onto the table saw. I need to have a video camera with me, though! If I had tochoose one, I would say the saw.

Klipsch is no Disneyland? Yeah, I have always liked tools and working with my hands. It would be fun to see "our babies" being concived and born. Maybe they won't be as scared to show off their new factory. I bet the old one is ghetto.

Now I would REALLY like to see the JBL factory in Northridge, California...

------------------

Ken,

Good one,poor poor Forrest.A trip via belt sander to the circular saw!A gruesome end cwm3.gif

I would pay $19.95 plus any tax to see this!

Any more takers out there?If you would like to see ForrestHump ending up at Life in the ER just say YES WE WANT FORREST IN THE ER on TLC!

LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 03-20-2002 at 09:37 PM

ForrstGump,

You wish,most Klipsch BB members are ready to pay to see you deal with a heavy duty curcular saw.

Forrest if you continue to post your sick fantasy I will be forced to call the nurse and restrain your passtime,you will wear your fave jacket.You know the one with hands attached behind your back. LOL

I vote for the saw table and CNC machine!

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 03-20-2002 at 09:49 PM

Ken---The really cool thing to see in Hope is the museum acroos the street, some really neat stuff there; old Lowthers, RCA theater systems with the biggest compression drivers I ever saw, (make JBL 2441s look like Eminences), WE snailhorns, old Victrolas, and lots of old Klipsch speakers--Hereseys with 8" woofers, low-boy Cornwalls with "TV" fronts like old Fender and Ampeg amps, a big Brociner cornerhorn, lots of neat stuff. I've heard they may move the museum to Indy. Now if you wan to see a cool factory see the Ford truck plant in Wayne Michigan. I went to work there a couple of years ago on permit with the tin-knockers during a turnaround. Saw some amazing stuff. Spent a whole morning wondering around while the plant was running, was looking for the tin-knockers who'd neglected to have the steward meet me at the gate (which I just walked through, nobody bothered me). After getting disgusted looking all over for these goons I left, got back in my car and drove home to Chicago, ahh, I didn't need the job anyway.

TBrennan,

Mr ForrestHump is a pro when it comes to acting like a total and utter jerk.His antics are known on this board

ForrstGump,

Please take your medication and breathe,the world is not against you.Santa is NOT a Commie and your SVS sub is not made in Koweit.

OK ALL IS GOOD,JUST THINK POSITIVE

DONT GET MAD,SMILE

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Forrest---Don't deserve? Who made you the Wages Tsar? But I suppose YOU deserve everything you make right? I mean it's always the other guy whose overpaid and you're the guy whose overworked, right? Well your social betters down there have told you unions are bad, better do as you're told. Now up here in Illinois a working person doesn't have any social betters, that's one of the reasons we Marched through Georgia you know.

Anyone who thinks we would all be better off without unions is an idiot. That point is not debateable. History, and common human mentality show us quite clearly that society is not better off without unions. On the other hand, anyone who thinks unions are currently perfect, are equally ignorant. they are clearly not as efficient and effective as they could (should) be. Personally, i would rather be paying the extra small percentage of the price knowing that the people who manufactured the product aren't working 14 hour days, six days a week for $5 a day. come to think of it, that probably is the case for my soccer ball and running shoes.

Foost so I gues everybody's an idiot except you. I think it's great unions are decling and on their way out. That is why you union guys are so up in arms is it not?

I now enjoy the freedom to value shop for lower priced products. And what helps them to be lower priced is no unions involved. Great quality too. Seems fine and copacetic to me. Wink.gif

------------------

go forth & hump the world

Oh boy! Union talks!!! Smile.gif

I just read an article about the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners or America's union and their new office. A 22,000 sq. ft. office overlooking the U.S. CAPITOL IN DC! Nice digs. Anyway. Being a West coast boy (no Chicago, New York, or St. Louis), I have had little experience with unions except for strikes and whining. So, I do not have a positive opinion of unions or other organized labor. In Reno, there is a VOTE HOFFA sticker on a street sign, so vandalism, and the new wing on the convertion center has a local steel erectors sign on the fence. No member of my family, in any field, is in any union, so none in the family. Thats it for unions...

------------------------------------------

quote:

Still angry because Ike sent the Army to Little Rock?

Ouch, nice comeback Tom... Eventhough I am not pro-union (though not against it), I am for freedom in this country, and even if I don't agree with everything, I can't pick and choose unless I am one hell of a politition. Tom, if you don't mind me asking, what union are you in? I hope its not the bag-boys union (like Raley's), how did that get formed anyway?

-------------------------------------------

quote:

they'd catch Rat Boy And Earwax behind the saw using the belt sander on each other -As a good foreplay device you know

Boo, hoo, I am "soooo" hurt. I may not be witty, but at least I don't pretent to be a middle-schooler.

------------------

Ken---I'm a member of Boilermakers Local 1, Chicago, I work out of our hiring hall. I've been a member for 31 years, started as an apprentice. I'm now an elected officer in the Local and an apprentice teacher. Our Union was started in Chicago in 1879 by an Irish immigrants Tommy Dwyer and Martin Guilfoyle, my Local was the first, that's why we're Local 1. From Chicago Dwyer sent organizers around the MidWest and then all over the country. He even sent organizers to Northern Mexico to work the mines but they were murdered by the Rurales.

This message has been edited by TBrennan on 03-22-2002 at 05:55 PM