I've just finished putting together the ULTIMATE HT!

Dr. Jim Mixon

Well, for me anyway. I know a LaScala would be better for center than the RC 64 which I have. I know some Heresys would be much better than the KG 1's I've got that are doing surround duty.. I figure a 9.1 or a 7.1 set-up would be better than my 5.1. I figure a dedicated room for HT instead of an ordinary den would be better still. BUT last nite I put the movie for kids ("9") in my Blu-ray and cranked it up. I was totally blown away. So I know now what the secret of the Ultimate HT is. It's not having what you want, But wanting what you have.................It is OK to enjoy what you got, isn't it????????????

• Moderators

You've got no one to impress but you and as long as it sounds good to you, that's all you need. As far as 7.1 being better than 5.1, that's not necessarily true. I would rather have a great 5.1 system than a mediocre 7.1 system anyday. Sit back and enjoy what you have. Most of us around here somehow can't do that....we're always looking for that sweet deal on some new gear.

• Moderators

That's the best way to look at it !

I use 5.1, I don't have a place to add side speakers, I don't have a new or high powered receiver, my speakers are not in optimal positions........but it sounds great to me, and I am in no rush to change anything, except maby a blu-ray player and in no rush for that.

I agree with what the others here have stated. I finished our HT back in 2004 and except for changing the levels on the rear surrounds once, I haven't changed a thing and just love the results. Every time we watch a movie we haven't seen, it's like experienceing the room for the first time ever all over again! Enjoy and be happy with your accomplishments. - Glenn

Thanks for sharing that JB

I changed my HT setup like 10 times before I finished it. The RC 64 is such an awesome center that it is hard not to be happy with any system using it. Enjoy what you have and be happy. Changing stuff all the times is a epidemic effecting many of the addicts on this forum. Me included.