Outlaw 750 Amp...

jrod

Thanks guys! I'm super excited!!! I feel really fortunate, I've aquired every speaker in my system, my receiver, and now this amp for under $2500. All pretty good deals, IMHO.

Blu, that's a Paradigm DSP series, I believe. You should jump all over the 64 it's a great speaker.

Yeah it is the 14'' sub. Jrod i feel the same way playing the patient game you can acquire a great system piece by piece. Some pieces you really cannot find used for a good price though. Considering eventually getting the rc-64 on fleabay new. Can maybe get a black one for $600 if i wait a bit (which i have to atleast a month). Where did you get yours jrod and can i have it.

Ha!

1) No, you cannot have it... It was worth a shot, though!

2) I drove 740 miles (one way!) to get it soooo......NOT A CHANCE!!!

3) Got my current front soundstage + RT-10d from a Klipsch employee who was incredibly nice. OKC to Indy and back...great little trip with my old lady.

Thats right you have the rt-10d. Gosh my system is never going to be good as yours especially now that you have the outlaw on the way[Y] Too bad i cant give it a listen. Any chance of said employee hooking me up lol indy is only a skip and a hop away from me and i have relatives there. What do you think about setting a 32'' lcd ontop of the rc-64 with a cloth under it? Watch any good movies lately?

Blu,

I think you'd be fine setting a 32-incher on top of the 64. In fact, the guy I bought my 64 off of had a tv on it. As far as movies go... My girlfriend and I watched The Hurt Locker just yesterday. Great film. Not much in the way of sound, couple explosions here and there. But, as far as movies go, an excellent film.

(actually, Bill found it...thanks again, Bill!).

Jrod,

No problem. On this forum, I think we all have one common goal. Make our Klipsch speakers sound as good as possible for the least amount of money. It's a great feeling knowing if I can't scoop up a good deal, I can help someone else to.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals, got the 750 today. Took me a while to set it up (operator error, these things can make a person feel so stupid), but after I did, some initial thoughts:

1) So THAT'S what "headroom" is... wow. The "punch" from the 82's is really impressive.

2) Effortless...plain and simple. No strain whatsoever.

3) The seperation of instruments is nothing short of astounding.

4) I now realize why people purchase external amps.

That is all. I'm very happy with it (especially for 280 bucks!!). Just music so far, a movie later this evening.

PS- The thing is a beast. Built like a tank. Thanks to everyone that convinced me to get it, and thanks again to Bill, who found it!!

This is a very good amplifier for the money. Lots of muscle and a darker character that serves the horns well. Voiced much like Harman/Kardon but with LOTS of testicles, will not run outta steam on horns. If I had it to do over again I might opt for a more liquid/grainfree sounding amp, but that's a step up in class, like McIntosh, Classe etc....and I'm not really dissatisfied with the sound enough to replace it (and that's a good sign on Heritage). I have several vintage Mc 250s I can roll in too, but those are going to be reconditioned and likely rolled back into the system later. But for under $300, your 750 is a STEAL. Wayyyyyy toooo much amp and too good of an amp for less than $300. Mine has had a home in my HT for years....

Thanks AN, I feel like it will live in my HT for quite a while too! If for nothing else, because the thing is too big to be movin' around all the time[:P]!

I knew I wasn't going to be able to find a quality 3/5/7 channel amp for that $$$ anytime soon, so I had to jump on it! I feel pretty fortunate!

Jrod,

Congrats again on the Outlaw. I scored again a couple of weeks ago on a couple of Acurus A150 amps(150w/ch) for very little $$$ and was blown away by the performance/build quality/price factor. Talk about headroom. Ad was posted in my local c-list and I pounced on it within a couple hours after the ad was listed. Taken from Youthmans play book, have $$$ in hand and the car started.

You are so right about headroom and seperation of instruments. The best part is knowing you paid so little for so much performance.

Have fun with your new toy.

Happy Easter to all,

Bill

Thanks again guys!

I figured it out and I paid $.30/watt of good, quality power. That's tough to beat.

Congrats on your Acurus Bill, I was looking at those really hard when the Outlaw fell in my lap. You guys are so right, have the $$$ in hand and you can catch some great deals.

PS- I just love changing my "Signature" for the better!!!

• Moderators

I was looking at those really hard when the Outlaw fell in my lap.

If that's true, you'll probably never be able to have children again. [:P]

You guys are so right, have the $$$ in hand and you can catch some great deals.

That's the key. You also have to already have some knowledge of the gear to know whether it's a good deal or not. With great deals, you pretty much have to already have done your homework because if you are looking up info on it, someone else is probably picking it up.

Youth,

You crack me up, that made me cough on my vodka/tonic a little.

You are so right. Do your research, know what a good deal is, and BE READY!!! I had been looking for about 4 months for an amp (not ready to buy, but researching) with all intentions of saving for a few more months before getting really serious about it. Then Bill gave us a heads-up about this Outlaw and I did all the research I could in about 10hrs (the Internet is an amazing thing) I knew it was a steal if I could get the guy to ship it...so I pounched on it.

The shipper ended up being a really good dude. He was really into HT when he was in college and now he's really into his trucks (which I don't really understand, but to each his own!) so he wanted to sell this to buy a couple tires for one of his trucks. Unreal. He told me that he hadn't watched a full movie in over 2 years... I about threw up. He knew it was underpriced but he wanted to get it sold, he didn't want to ship it at first but I wore him down with my enthusiasm[;)]!