Haiti update and pics

I am heading back down to Haiti in the morning. My new friends with a private jet are flying down there for the weekend to meet with people there to set up contacts. They are going to be shipping supplies down there each month. They asked if I would go with them in order to do more surgeries on Saturday. So, it will be a quick trip, but since I am lucky enough to go on their plane, travel time will be greatly reduced.

I am so excited about getting to go so quickly again! This summer, I am going to take my oldest son, Me Loves Heresy's down for a week. He is 16 now and is very excited about that chance!

The lady who owns the plane made a slide show of the last trip, it is below. They are the owners of Curves International. Very kind and great and rich and generous people indeed.

http://mmod.ncaa.com/video/std?gameid=1740297&ttag=mmod10_edit&ts=1268937992&t=072ce079a23c106bb1f2f7a5e0a2bb90&w=90

Paul

Made it back all safe and sound. Went back to the island of La Gonave. Did surgeries, cast a broken arm, washed acid out of a man's eye, and had to remove a zipper off a poor little 6 y/o dudes boy part! Rode on the private jet of my new friends to Miami. Ted Nugent's wife rode with us. She was very nice. Then rode small prop plane to the island where I did the surgeries, etc. Took small boat back to main part of Haiti and drove to Port au Prince, where we flew back to Waco. Had an absolutely wonderful time. I can honestly say that I have never felt more happy as a doctor than I have in Haiti. I am missing it already. I am going back in the summer for a week. My oldest son is going to go. He is really excited! One of the most rewarding cases I did was on a 15 y/o girl. She had a huge breast mass about the size of a cantelope. The last time I was there I did an open biopsy. I brought that back to Waco, where a local pathologist looked at it. It turned out to be a tumor that is not malignant yet, but has the possibility of becoming malignant. If it had been malignant, she would sadly not be curable. This time, they found her again in the village, and I was able to remove then entire tumor!

She was so happy to see me again! And I was so happy to see her again! Her face just lit up when I saw her! I was also able to do a c/section on a baby. The baby's father was killed in the earth quake. It was a bitter sweet delivery. Knowing he would never know his little daughter. So, kinda long winded. Just needed to express some of my feelings about the trip I suppose....

I think D Dee said it best,

He always does!

Great stories, and aweome job, Paul. You're very inspirational. It's wonderful to have that sense of purpose, that you are making real, tangible differences in peoples' lives.