My Easter Day Score!!!!

smokarz

Nice upgrade! Make sure the 805 has plenty of ventilation all around - it gets pretty hot even when listening at low volumes. I had one for a while and loved it for HT. If you need any help setting it up let me know.

Congrats Smoke! I think you're really going to enjoy the lossless, especially coming out of that bad boy. I love movies out of my Integra (Onkyo) and with a little tweaking, I really enjoy music out of it now as well!

With your new PJ and now that beast, you're setting yourself up for success in that new theater room!

Let us know your thoughts once you get everything set up!!

thanks jrod,

i will be working on the room in the next few weeks so hopefully i can get it done by May.

it's true the bugs never stop. now i just need to keep my eyes opened for an amp, good sub, and perhaps some RF-7 or RF63/83. lol

• Moderators

it's true the bugs never stop.

To some extent. You just have to decide what are your long term goals. I typically do a ton of research to figure out what I want, then save up and begin to buy it piece at a time, looking for good deals when they come along. The process of putting it together is often as enjoyable as having a completed setup (if there is such a thing).

As long as you're using a projector your best bet is to use 3 identical speakers across your front stage. I use three KG4's.

that would be ideal, how ever it won't be possible. i have a 2-2.5' clearance between floor and bottom of screen. so only a horizonal speaker would fit. unless i cough up the $$$ for a transparent screen.

plugged in this bad boy last night, ran audyssey, and listened to music for several hours. for my amatuer ears, i really like this receiver's 2 channel production. sounds seem much fuller, richer, and imaging is very good. it's at least 10x better than my low end onkyo 504. i don't think i'd be missing out much on 2 channel with the 805.

haven't got a chance to watch a blu-ray disc yet. too lazy to bring up the player from downstairs.

by the way, the sub doesn't want to turn on when i am listening to music a low/moderate level. is this normal, shoul i re-run audyssey?

• Moderators

Glad you are enjoying your new toy. My Velodyne does the same thing as yours at low volume. I've even had it turn off during a movie if the movie gets quiet for a long period of time (very rare though).

Get your butt up off the couch and go get the bluray. [:P] The Onkyo's sound really great for HT.