The 2010 Picky Report

"Stairway to Heaven?" RF-83 or RF-63 motorboards lead the way...

Correction: Colterphoto1 believes these may be cabinet backs for an ICON series speaker. Thanks, Michael! You always have my back, bro!

Colter is wrong here...The Icon product is built in China...that is Reference product. (edit: trey)

post-10177-13819598705322_thumb.jpg

post-10177-1381961693778_thumb.jpg

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As our plant tour ended we were all thankful for Klipsch graciously allowing us all inside their plant and allowing us to take photos. Our tour gude was a Klipsch plant employee and he was very friendly, accomodating and knowedgeable. Thanks so much for an interesting tour!

He had better know the answers...he is the Plant Mgr. He has been with the co for many years...Jerry is his name. (edit: trey)

post-10177-13819598715356_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819616948844_thumb.jpg

KLIPSCH MUSEUM OF AUDIO HISTORY TOUR:

Following the working plant tour, we met with Jim Hunter, Senior Director of Engineering Operations for Klipsch Audio Technologies, who closely knew and worked with Paul W. Klipsch and is the curator of the Klipsch Museum. He led us across the street to give us a tour of the Klipsch Museum of Audio History. The building was origianlly a telephone exchange building in the 1940's and has an extra-deep, 14 foot basement with a hand crank elevator.

post-10177-13819598716746_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819616950654_thumb.jpg

I am not certain for which product these MDF plates are for, but that is certainly some fancy dado work!

Those are for THX subs Glenn- production of the THX line was moved to Hope about the same time I took all those photos of the museum some year and half ago. The entire line is now produced in Hope ! The angled bits are the slotted port, and the other dado is for the magnet support section. THX subs are basically the RSW12 cone with RSW15 magnet structure!

Thanks for identifying the plates for us, Michael Colter!

Please allow me to preface this next group of photos by saying, I don't think that anyone is more knowledgable about what is in this museum than Jim Hunter. I did not bring a notebook, so if you are interested to know what each of these items is, I recommend you visit the following web site and take the on-line, Klipsch Museum tour on your own. It is very detailed and informative; much more so that this post is going to be! LOL

The four-part Klipsch Museum of Audio History tour with Jim Hunter begins here:

Below is the first room and view you are greeted with upon entering the museum's front door....everything in this photo is quite unique. Observe the variable horn that can be seen on the front of the victrola in the corner. The case hold many unusual, curved horns...

post-10177-1381959872036_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819616954138_thumb.jpg