Need Interconnect Cables?

jperrewe

jp,I would recommend you dial up www.audioadvisor.com and check out the AudioQuest SideWinder or CopperHead interconnects.I used Monster in the past and prefer the AQ myself.The SideWinder's in 1M are $29.95 pair and worth every penny.You can buy singles.The CopperHeads are $49.95 1M pair.

I received an e-mail from AA in the last few days mentioning a special/discount/free ship or something or the other.I deleted the e-mail and don't remember exactly.Maybe someone will jump in with some help on that.

BTW,you can return the AQ's within 30 days if you're not happy with them.You might double-check AA's retun policy.Good luck!

Keith

I'm using the Outlaw Shortstacks (.5m) and like them quite a bit. Unfortunately, the only cables I have to compare them to are RS Golds and AR Pros. I will be ordering some diycable.com IC's for my 2-channel rig in the near future. I have also been interested in trying the Audioqust IC's as well...

Mike

Thanks for the info. I'm going with the Outlaw cables for amplifier connections. May purchase a pair or two of the audioquest cables from the audioadvisor for a CD player I need to buy. Once I get my Pre/pro, I'm moving the Yammy and old CD player to the back porch for summer tunes at the pool....

Any good SACD / DVDA players out there? I've done a small amount of research but not near enough to this point.

Later,

jim

------------------

Acurus A125x5 Amp

A/VR- Yamaha 870 (for preamp)

RF-3II

RC-3II

RS-3II

KSW12

DVD Panasonic RP-56

Pioneer 5 Disc CD

Echostar Digital Sat

Hitachi Ultravision 50"

jp-

I'll throw my hat into the AQ ring. I have Coral interconnects, which will put you over your $200 mark, but I certainly like them. I do have the Sidewinder running my sub and it does quite well. AQ is an excellent cable company. I run their speaker wire as well, not the real expensive stuff, but some good quality cables, and I am very pleased.

jperrewe-Be patient. By the time you become a "Crazy Poster," you'll not only know everyone's real name, but also their audio equipment, favorite food, shoe size, and their "dream date."

fini

Austin-

Welcome back to the board. Hope your trip back home was uneventful. I am in the process of drafting my thoughts on the weekend and will post this weekend. I need the time to get everything in order.

I use AQ Type 4 for front 3 speakers, and Type 2 for the surrounds. I was using their flat, F-14 before, which was quite good. I got a good price on the Type 4, and the Type 2. I was interested in the CV-4, but that was getting too pricey for my runs; 10ft pair for the Fortes, 6ft for the center. I have 45ft runs of the Type 2 for the surrounds.

I don't know that I can tell much of a difference between everything (I was running pretty thin zip wire to surrounds before) and I changed so much in my system when I upgraded cables; speaker wire, interconnects, and DD receiver, that I really need to take it all apart and play around. But that will have to wait until I get a better component rack. For now, it's all tucked away and it was a pain to get it all to fit.

An interesting note to the whole cable debate...Mr Paul runs standard zip cord to his K-horns, maybe 14-16Ga, so that says something about going too expensive on cables. I think his term was "Bull$h!t"

Fini-

You speak the truth! Nothing like a trip to Arkansas to find out about folks on the boards.

Rob