Audioquest Sidewinder Interconnects at Best Buy?

CapZark

Personally, I decided the best bet was to build my own. Quality connectors, wire & solder are very reasonable. Skill set to make up a pair (+ many more) is definitely level 1 (very easy). There are plenty of DYI instructions on the web. I think I got my ideas from the AudioKarma forums. Mine look great & sound great, too. YMMV

Just a thought,

Frank W.

I'm thinking the best bang for the buck would be the Audioquest King Cobra. Next step is the Columbia DBS and the price jumps considering they're excellent. We can get a 1M pair from Audiogon for $100 or a .75M for $80 perhaps.

If we get 20 peeps at $5@ that'd work or even $10 at 10. I'll pitch in even though I'm cool with my Columbia's iffin it helps us. I figure shipping from both coasts for members is around $8-10 to try'm out. To be paid to the member who's holding and has to ship them.

So..if members want to PayPal me $5.25 or $10.50 to cover PP charges, Lucky5115@aol.com I'll purchase and stop donations after I get required amount, make a donor list, distribute it and have cables shipped directly to first bidder in sequential order. After that it's whomever's responsiblity and honor system based on donor list between each other to work it out.

If this is reasonable .. we shall commence. Sounds crazy ? lol yahsureyoubetcha.

Ronnie

We can get a 1M pair from Audiogon for $100 or a .75M for $80 perhaps.

Either of those figures would have purchased every single audio cable I own and use for a full home theatre TWICE.

It's just insane to spend that amount of money for a metre or under of cable.

I recently changed my opinion on interconnects. For years and years and years I acquired a large box full of the red & white patch cords. Sometimes i needed a six foot cable and I spent the ungodly amount of 6 bucks for a set or two.

A few months ago I bought a Bottlehead tube amp so i could see what tube amps sounded like. Well the first impression wasn't very positive. This amp is a 3 watt amp and whenever I tried increasing the volume past 1 watt it sounded muddy. It sounded like crap on my CF-3,Cornwalls and Hereseys. I ended up buying a pair of Cain Abbey's since I have acquired an interest in full range speakers.

Those sounded better but something was still missing. I bought a Dac Magic and again i got a nice increase in volume and clarity, but something was missing.

One day I lost all sound in one channel. It turns out one of my thrifty red & white patch cords failed. Hard to believe, after 25 years it gave up the ghost.

I ended up buying 20 sets of new patch cords from monoprice and used a pair of those as interconnects. What a difference that made. Now this system rocks. The muddy sound is gone and I can crank this system up to it's full 3 watts. The magic I was missing is there.

I heard good things about a company called Anti Cable and ordered a pair of their interconnects and an 8 foot pair of speaker cables. The interconnects were $ 100 and the speaker cable was $ 80. That is what I currently have on this set up it sounds sweet.

I don't know if low power tube amps are the cause of reveling weaknesses in my set up or not but now I can definitely tell a difference in using decent cabling and when I find a well recorded album like Warren Haynes Live at Bonoroo, it just sings on this set up.

I think at a minimum you would do yourself a favor by at least upgrading to decent cables like monoprice cabling, I use that for speaker cables as well. I wouldn't hurt to spend a hundred bucks on a decent set of interconnects and see if they make a difference. I'm pretty much sold on Anti Cables.

Thanks

Want nice inter connects at a no nonsense price..... These can not be beat...

www.zebracables.com I'd suggest getting the more flexible type he offers http://zebracables.com/1505.html

He also makes top notch speaker cables at a reasonable price.

If you want even less expensive and less fancy finished cables but of the same working quality

Go with http://www.bluejeanscable.com/

Inter connect are important. Good transparent signal passing qualities and shielding is of the utmost importance IMHO. No I don't go for or advocate the high rent black magic types....