Corner radius on Commercial cabinets

kg4guy

This is the dog house I built for the single LSI I am building to match the single I have with the LS-BB top on it I will cut the sides and tops tomorrow as I finished the LSI splits love them. I am going to start building the commercial cabinets as everyone builds the home versions.

I'll lay my bits up against mine tonight if you'ld like. My memory is always foggy on stuff like this, but I think its 3/4". Then again, that may have been what they ended up after being knocked around and sanded.

It came out nicer than I expected I am just waiting for the Klipsch stencil I am having made to paint the logo on and then I will put the aluminum trim on all the corners only as that is what I did with my split LSI's so they all match and I'm taking out the type A crossovers and putting ALK Jr's in. both pairs.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Klipsch and Klipsch Pro did the round over on all pro product with exception to oak OO, walnut WO or finished black FB product. (These were essentially home product with high powered woofers, input/crossovers etc such as Heresy, Cornwall and La Scallywags)

The "B" suffix designated that the cabinet had rounded over corners and edges, painted in the tough, speckled black paint. The "A" suffix versions were the same but trimmed and had handles and of course the "C" versions had round over edges and carpeted.

Cabinets were built then sent to the sanding booth to get rounded over and nail holes and corner breakouts etc were filled with bondo. They were then finish sanded and moved to the paint line, allowed to dry and sent to final assembly

I believe that the radius was 1/2" but it may have been 7/16. Off the shelf ABS corners actually had a slightly larger radius than what we were using