New Project La scala 2nd one done (Twins)

kg4guy

I did that reading outside and the other inside. I am going to do another of the larger bin inside today.Just did a inside test I think the first outside test I may have had the LF loudness button on and birds in the back ground but over all the readings are good.

Well after listening to this single on one channel and a stock LSI on the other for the past days I must say the large bin is amazing.

Very cool project, kg4guy! I've been asking people for advice on another thread about how to design a sub to match my La Scalas. Looking at your design has got me thinking. What would happen if you took a LS bass bin and faced in into the corner of a room, then built a triangular top and bottom to create a large horn for it to sit in? Would it be possible to find the right position for it to create a corner horn out of it?

A quick Sketchup pic:4906337554_7b45b08736.jpg

Well after listening to this single on one channel and a stock LSI on the other for the past days I must say the large bin is amazing.

Very cool project, kg4guy! I've been asking people for advice on another thread about how to design a sub to match my La Scalas. Looking at your design has got me thinking. What would happen if you took a LS bass bin and faced in into the corner of a room, then built a triangular top and bottom to create a large horn for it to sit in? Would it be possible to find the right position for it to create a corner horn out of it?

A quick Sketchup pic:4906337554_7b45b08736.jpg

Cool not sure how it would sound I know the larger horn flare sounds awesome and could be crossed over much higher than the stock La scala bin.Get a few pieces of plywood and give it a shot.