Some big-guns on ebay

Coytee

the top two sections are not klipsch

the bottom section is

I know of at least two forum members that bought a pair of the bottom sections for less than 200 bucks.

the top two sections are not klipsch the bottom section is I know of at least two forum members that bought a pair of the bottom sections for less than 200 bucks.

speakerfritz,

Sorry, but you are incorect in your statement, the very top two cabinets ARE Klipsch as well in the first eBay add. The MSM cabinets are part of the Klipsch MCM 1900 system and the second easiest part of the system to locate behind the MWM bin. Obviously, the two double bin MWM theatre models are also Klipsch and the easiest parts of the system to find. The two middle cabinets are HPS or "High Performance Stereo", that is the John Allen stuff, who had some sort of arrangement with Paul. Those are his version of the MWM single bin, so pretty much same as, but not Klipsch. You are correct in that the second add the middle cabinets are also HPS, or John Allen imitations of MSSM. Too bad, true MSSMs are the second hardest part of an MCM 4 way to locate behind the MMTMs, and I know Colter is looking for a pair of the MSSMs.

Roger

I purchased my JBL 2360A horns from this guy he asks alot I can't recall what he was asking for the horns but I think I offered him about half of the asking price and he took the offer plus I drove down to get them as it was about 1 1/2 hrs each way so I saved shipping charges.So what are the bottoms worth I wouldn't mind having these?

I contacted him yesterday with a comment that those other parts weren't Klipsch. (Roger, I had no idea there was a mutual agreement.....oh well)

I also (politely) informed him that I bought some MWM single cabinets for $200 total... Was trying to be informative and not a hiney.... he never responded back so I don't know if he's just not fooled with it yet....or maybe I came across as a hiney.

If they were in Nashville or Lexington or... I'd consider driving to get them if they were at a more reasonable price.

Side comment.... does he have them configured wrong? Looks to me like he has the equivilant of three single bass bins stacked? Perhaps that was just for the sake of taking the picture I know...

Took me a bit to piece together that he essentially has two pair of double bins and two pair of non-Klipsch branded single bass cabinets.

he's got that mid-bass unit....is that the equivilant of the Klipsch XII? Then this stack has NO HF horns at all so it's not really a complete stack??

They are only worth a small fraction of what he is asking.

Wait until they don't sell before contacting him.

Wait until he re-lists then with a lower price, and they don't sell.

Now contact him.

This guy has 2 warehouses full of equipment so I hope he would take alot less ?

Below are the messages I sent to this seller. While he has failed to reply, notice the evolution of his listing titles below.

He has also revised his listing description text and pictures after receiving my messages, but is now intentionally being dishonest.

=============================================================================================
First Pair (eBay Item #200505295305)
=============================================================================================

Initial Message Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2010 9:43 PM PDT
Subject: eBay Item #200505295305 - 2 KLIPSCH MWM 545-W5 & MSM THEATER SPEAKER SYSTEM RARE

Dear salesbaron1,

Just so you know, the MWM are WOOFER SECTIONS and the MSM is the SQUAWKER SECTION (midrange). The 545-W.5 Woofer Section was not made by Klipsch and is redundant. You are missing the Klipsch MMTM or MTM TWEETER ARRAYS, MSSM - MID-BASS SECTIONS, and M-4 HIGH LEVEL CROSSOVERS.

Follow-up Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:25 AM PDT
Subject: eBay Item #200505295305 - 2 KLIPSCH MMTM MCM M3B MSM THEATER SPEAKER SYSTEM RARE

Dear salesbaron1,

While I have never before seen anyone stack the crossover in with the speaker cabinets before, I am glad to see you finally got this 3-way set advertised properly.

Second Pair (eBay Item #190428054579)

Initial Message Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 2:20 PM PDT
Subject: eBay Item #190428054579 - 2 KLIPSCH A-43-E K-43E 545-S MWM THEATER SPEAKER SYSTEM

Dear salesbaron1,

Why do you have this advertised as a Klipsch when four of the six cabinets were manufactured by HPS in Newton MA?

Follow-up Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:03 AM PDT
Subject: eBay Item #190428054579 - 2 KLIPSCH A-43-E MMTM MSM MSSM THEATER SPEAKER SYSTEM

Dear salesbaron1,

Your statement that they cost $30,000 is fraud!

As you very well know, FULL LIST PRICE was only $4940/pair for the 3-way and $6225/pair for the 4-way system.

Your listing description and pictures are both inconstant.

Your listing description states that Klipsch MMTM, Klipsch MSM,and Klipsch MSSM are included.

Your top picture only shows Klipsch MMTM and Klipsch MSM.

Your picture http://www.salesbaron.net/f/MV76.jpg shows MWM is included.

The HPS (high performance stereo) stuff usually makes good firewood.

You should remove the non-Klipsch junk and advertise these truthfully.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Yes but getting lazy and I am running out of room I may build some in the future however I am starting another large La scala bass bin tomorrow as I spent most of today making a pair of Dog Houses for a member.

1. that is not lazy

2. you got it, bad

M

That's funny

• 4 months later...