Anyone using Klipsch HD300 or HD500's? Maybe Quintets

tigerwoodKhorns

I was actually considering this; but opted for a set of Promedia Ultra 5.1s.... (Used; $125).

I also am using this in the bedroom; and so far they have been great. (I still need to mount the rear speakers properly.)

So yeah... for a little HT setup in the bedroom...... Fits the bill nicely.

I can not imagine the HD300 or HD500 being worse then my PMU 5.1s.

Good Luck!

The Quintet III's are great little satellites. I actually had them in my main family room system three upgrades ago. For such a smallish speaker, they really held their own and smoked the doors off the "little cubes". For a bedroom setup thay will work great.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

I am using HD300's for my rear surrounds. I purchased 2 sets of HD300's as my second foray into Klipsch products. I used 1 as a full system until I recently upgraded to sysnergy F3 system. I was pretty happy with them. I bought my second set for my Dad and he has yet to use them. His basement/manroom build has been on hold for now. I would be willing to sell the brand new set if your interested. I also have the Promedia 2.1's in my bedroom and am happy with those. I don't think you can go wrong with any Klipsch product. Obviously the smaller sets like HD300 and HD500's are limited for volume but they still have great sound quality for the price. I don't think you could go wrong with quintets or any of the HD300-1000 set ups.

• Moderators

My son in law has some Quintets, I was shocked at how they sound for being so small. He never got a sub at first which they need but they were very clear and clean sounding. Ebay has them for $300 without the sub, I think his were the 2 model.

Quintets with a small sub sound really good in a bedroom, I was VERY surprised.

The Quintet III's are great little satellites. I actually had them in my main family room system three upgrades ago. For such a smallish speaker, they really held their own and smoked the doors off the "little cubes". For a bedroom setup thay will work great.

Bill

Agree with willand 100%

The Quintets where my first Klipsch speakers a couple of years ago and I was completley blowen away with how good they sounded for there size. They fit almost anywhere, they don't look that ugly and the have the WAF.

You will of course need a sub with htem since the dont go below 120Hz