Music is my dope

jdm56

We are sooo much alike, although I turn 55 next week. I was caught under the covers with Cream, too. Plus, the older I got, the more I exposed myself (with music, of course).

I'm not sure if this one went the wrong way or not? Tongue Tied

Dennie

I have no idea what you're talking about.[8-)]

• 1 month later...

hi--i,m new at this. was really looking for a bozak site.was feeling melancholy for my musof the late 50'? I'm 81,getting on My son was over today and asked me if i minded if he sold some of my life in sound , which is a major rememberanceand and memory of my youth.told him it would break my heart----and to please sell after ipass away.------the love affair was with a mc 60, a w4m(williamson)type) heathkit amp,a b400 bozak bozak(i think it cost $700 at that time--i don't remember,),a bozak 302a, 2 marantz preamps 1(his first).----you see,stereo was in it,s infacy---a components turntable(denville new jersey H ad an awful time finding a unit that did not give feedback----And then berlant sterio tape recorder----i didn,t have enough money for the ampex.. it wasn,t much longer before i bought oneof the first sterio tuners,fisher i think---i had to use some kind of adaptor to make itwork.----------------------now,my life is quitedifferent,but my love for claassical music has never waned--over the years it has given me solace and love -i thank god for the brahms and beethovens,etc. rachmananoff is my man my wife is an artist and has introduced me to opera,but i really don,t get it. anyhow don,t good music anymore-----one of my loving son's gave me stereo that he thought to begreathe meant well ,but unfortunately it's lousy----and i don't dare sell it as i would break his heart.-----so why the excitement today----------i found a klh stereo radio NEW i believe this was the last unit he made withhiis owncompany------i understand it,s quite collectible because it,s new. it is great for my office,and helps me some Ooh,for to be in my20's again.--------------------------------briefly this how it all came about was in korea for 18months,and spent much of my time thinking having the best hi fi sytem whenn i got home. i read and read,and by the time i was home,i was ready to trot.---------------------------however -i didn't figure cost as younoticed.took a long time before i settledon the 302 and it worked. quality of sound was same(you understand) the heathkit amp,which i,of course made-----blended in with the mc.(you understand)------couple quickies. it was a choice of the klipshorn,the bozak---and ,i think the electrovoice. it was the bozak,no question,. realness of sound,qualityof sound made it a winner.guess i was one of thefirst to buy a 400.rudy bozak invited me to his plant in stamford conn(with the dealer)-bought us lunch wow.did you know hedried all the speaker conesa on a hill,in the son think i havethat right--and we went to denville new jersey---to the company that was to settle my turntable problems----------oh'units were used into the late 80's----------moved from fl to ma.-------the b400 went to the salvation army------but ,thats another tale.-----------------------------------------------bozak, and the mc60,major parts of my life i don't type.this letter took me hours----but thank's for letting mevent myself----------------------------------------------------------------------------------what' up now? the detroit tigers,the boston celtics,the new england patriots andthe red sox,photography----collecing glas from an artist name of meydam------flea markits garage sales and most of all myGRANDSON and what has supplanted my hi fi------------------i'm now a serious watch collector thanks for letting mevent myself. bob rksamoyed@aol.com

hi--i,m new at this. was really looking for a bozak site.was feeling melancholy for my musof the late 50'? I'm 81,getting on My son was over today and asked me if i minded if he sold some of my life in sound , which is a major rememberanceand and memory of my youth.told him it would break my heart----and to please sell after ipass away.i'm now a serious watch collector thanks for letting me vent myself. bob rksamoyed@aol.com

Mr. Kalin, thank you!

My son-in-laws are already eyeing my LPs (and my Klipschorns) lustily... but not to sell. To keep!

hi--i,m new at this. was really looking for a bozak site.was feeling melancholy for my musof the late 50'? I'm 81,getting on My son was over today and asked me if i minded if he sold some of my life in sound , which is a major rememberanceand and memory of my youth.told him it would break my heart----and to please sell after ipass away.------the love affair was with a mc 60, a w4m(williamson)type) heathkit amp,a b400 bozak bozak(i think it cost $700 at that time--i don't remember,),a bozak 302a, 2 marantz preamps 1(his first).----you see,stereo was in it,s infacy---a components turntable(denville new jersey H ad an awful time finding a unit that did not give feedback----And then berlant sterio tape recorder----i didn,t have enough money for the ampex.. it wasn,t much longer before i bought oneof the first sterio tuners,fisher i think---i had to use some kind of adaptor to make itwork.----------------------now,my life is quitedifferent,but my love for claassical music has never waned--over the years it has given me solace and love -i thank god for the brahms and beethovens,etc. rachmananoff is my man my wife is an artist and has introduced me to opera,but i really don,t get it. anyhow don,t good music anymore-----one of my loving son's gave me stereo that he thought to begreathe meant well ,but unfortunately it's lousy----and i don't dare sell it as i would break his heart.-----so why the excitement today----------i found a klh stereo radio NEW i believe this was the last unit he made withhiis owncompany------i understand it,s quite collectible because it,s new. it is great for my office,and helps me some Ooh,for to be in my20's again.--------------------------------briefly this how it all came about was in korea for 18months,and spent much of my time thinking having the best hi fi sytem whenn i got home. i read and read,and by the time i was home,i was ready to trot.---------------------------however -i didn't figure cost as younoticed.took a long time before i settledon the 302 and it worked. quality of sound was same(you understand) the heathkit amp,which i,of course made-----blended in with the mc.(you understand)------couple quickies. it was a choice of the klipshorn,the bozak---and ,i think the electrovoice. it was the bozak,no question,. realness of sound,qualityof sound made it a winner.guess i was one of thefirst to buy a 400.rudy bozak invited me to his plant in stamford conn(with the dealer)-bought us lunch wow.did you know hedried all the speaker conesa on a hill,in the son think i havethat right--and we went to denville new jersey---to the company that was to settle my turntable problems----------oh'units were used into the late 80's----------moved from fl to ma.-------the b400 went to the salvation army------but ,thats another tale.-----------------------------------------------bozak, and the mc60,major parts of my life i don't type.this letter took me hours----but thank's for letting mevent myself----------------------------------------------------------------------------------what' up now? the detroit tigers,the boston celtics,the new england patriots andthe red sox,photography----collecing glas from an artist name of meydam------flea markits garage sales and most of all myGRANDSON and what has supplanted my hi fi------------------i'm now a serious watch collector thanks for letting mevent myself. bob rksamoyed@aol.com

Hello Bob and welcome to the Klipsch Forums. We're glad you're here and make yourself comfortable.

It sounds like you'll fit in fine. [Y]

Dennie

hi--i,m new at this. was really looking for a bozak site.was feeling melancholy for my musof the late 50'? I'm 81,getting on

Thanks for posting, Robert. I think you just gave me a glimpse of myself a few years on...God willing.

Thanks again, and take care.