Music is my dope

jdm56

whoa... that looks like one of my birthday parties as a kid. Just give the kid a bowl cut and tinted glasses.

Flash forward a bunch of years... I was given Versed as a sedative on 2 occasions. The first time I asked the nurse for a "6 pack of that" when I left. The second time was for a vasectomy and the SOB started cutting before I was all the way out. [:o] Luckily, I was only partially concious and not for long.

(There's been a ceiling fan sitting in it's box outside my oldest son's bedroom for a month or more, waiting for someone to put it up.)

Some of your favorite music, played loud enough to muffle any cursing always helps me with such projects. But it does take a while to get psyched up and in the proper mood for such chores. Music or not.

But from my point of view, it's the domestic goddess doing the interfering -in the rest of my day !

If your domestic goddess, aka SWMBO, reads this, duck if you've not hid the iron skillets.

b3919d87-fe20-49a8-9358-60337a76accd

The second time was for a vasectomy and the SOB started cutting before I was all the way out. Surprise

Ooh, I had one of those! No real problems, but I was not fond of the cauterizing part, where it felt like I had been kicked in the nuts. Oh, and when the kids, upon seeing "Daddy's home!," decided to jump on Daddy's crotch while Daddy was trying to rest on the bed...

?...

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled (and subsequently got dummer) I was given The Gas. Pretty lady told me to count backwards from 100. I got to 98 before I floated outta' the chair. Don't remember a thing after that.

Same thing happened to me, only thing, for some reason, I wanted a hamburger when I woke up...

Oh, she would never hit me with an iron skillet. She much prefers stainless steel for the light weight and easy clean-up.

The lightweight all stainless or the slightly heavier stainless with the copper sandwiched in the bottom?

100% stainless barely hurts compared to iron. The copper bottomed only a bit more. Usually no more than a few hours to maybe a day and a half at most. Iron on the other hand usually hurts for 3 to 5 or even 7 days in extreme cases. Gotta watch out for those 16" and larger beasts.

Easy cleanup? Psssht. Hardly any clean up with the lightweight pans. A good wallop upside the head with an iron skillet though usually sprays quite a bit of blood.

I follow Coytees lead and hide the iron and put out the chintzy lightweight dime store type of pans..... a guy can only take so many iron skillets up side the head. Know what I mean?

Coytee - ever find the lightweight faux iron skillets you've been looking for? [^o)]Might be a market for those.

• Moderators

Oh, and when the kids, upon seeing "Daddy's home!," decided to jump on Daddy's crotch while Daddy was trying to rest on the bed...

Turn that all around and that is somewhat why you had it done [:o]

When the kids weren't home mom decided to........ [;)]

• Moderators

If your domestic goddess, aka SWMBO, reads this, duck if you've not hid the iron skillets.

Oh, she would never hit me with an iron skillet. She much prefers stainless steel for the light weight and easy clean-up.

Groomlake must know about this, he is always talking about dodging iron skillet's. [:D]

I don't have that problem [H]..........................I can outrun my wife, if I see it coming. [:#]

Groomlake must know about this, he is always talking about dodging iron skillet's. Big Smile

On a good day, maybe. But my reflexes are normally too slow.

I can outrun my wife, if I see it coming. Zip it!

Well I think I can outrun my wife on a good day but our house is kind of small so it's too easy to get trapped. [:o]

Pity our oldest daughter's fiance if she ever gets out the iron skillet.... he's fast but she's got a heck of an arm.[^o)]

Why isn't everyone a bebop-o-phile? It boggles the imagination why the best music ever invented isn't loved by all. Maybe the world is simply full of opinion-o-philes.

Exactly - why isn't everyone a prog-o-file? It truely does boggle the imagination why the best music ever invented isn't loved by all! [;)]

I originally attributed calling vinyl Black Heroin to Dennie but it looks like it was really PMSummer, the KING of record collections, who first referredt to "Used Records" as black heroin. after Dennid had picked up a few (43).

And once again setting off the alarm in the Drug Czar's computers. Anybody notice the black vans? [:S]

I originally attributed calling vinyl Black Heroin to Dennie but it looks like it was really PMSummer, the KING of record collections, who first referredt to "Used Records" as black heroin. after Dennid had picked up a few (43).

And once again setting off the alarm in the Drug Czar's computers. Anybody notice the black vans? Tongue Tied

There are times, when all hope is lost, I'm willing to share needles.... in order to achieve the best result...

And once again setting off the alarm in the Drug Czar's computers. Anybody notice the black vans? Tongue Tied

There are times, when all hope is lost, I'm willing to share needles.... in order to achieve the best result...

You my Friend, are a Hardcore Music-o-phile, if I've ever seen one! [H]

Keep up the great work,

Dennie

And here, I just dropped another $100 or so dollars on CDs tonight, thanks to Laser's Edge and Nightmare Records. Much of what I listen to, you just can't find in the used records at the thriftstore or the yardsales. So I have to buy much of it new.

But hey, if I gotta be "hooked" on something, it might as well be music. [;)][8] Yup, music is indeed the dope!

There are times, when all hope is lost, I'm willing to share needles.... in order to achieve the best result.

Anybody got a stash of Shure V15VMR replacement styli incase I need one? Especially since Shure quit making them. [:@][8o|] The nerve. Those Twits!

I had thought about buying a spare years ago but just never did. It's diamond right? It should last forever? We wish. And they were very affordable back in late 80's when I got the cartridge. #%@~! things are stupidly expesive if you can find them as its NOS though JICO replacement supposedly is pretty good - but I think still more than the replacement styli were back when I got the cartridge. [:'(]

I actually got the V15 before I got my current Dual CS5000 and used it on an old Pioneer PL100 (?) that cost a lot less than the cartridge and still have the M97HEAH (Cartridge in built in adjustable headshell for S shaped arms) that I used on the Pioneer. It still is in pretty good shape and sounds good. I think they do make replacement styli for it, or at least an M97 version that will work with it. I probably have the receipt somewhere - if it's still readable. I can remember how much I paid for the Dual but not the V15 though I'm pretty sure no more than $150 and maybe substantially less. [^o)]

Somehow I've managed not to destroy it,even with 2 girls, now 21 and 16 occupying the same house. I think one or the other or both have actually played at least one side of an LP. Used the Discwasher and stylus brush even. (snif) I'm so proud. (snif)

Our oldest dubbed LPs "Big Music" when she was 2 or 3 and 45s "Little Big Music" I'm not sure a that most of her friends had ever seen an LP or record player until they visited...

I think PM can sniff out good vinyl from at least 1/4 maybe 1/2 a mile away. Or more.

(Way past my bed time).

Why isn't everyone a bebop-o-phile? It boggles the imagination why the best music ever invented isn't loved by all. Maybe the world is simply full of opinion-o-philes.

Exactly - why isn't everyone a prog-o-file? It truely does boggle the imagination why the best music ever invented isn't loved by all! Wink

Yeah I know. I dabble in prog myself. I think maybe classical is a gateway music.