Just auditioned The RF7II and RF82II : ) Edit They have arrived with pics for your enjoyment

TheFactor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the mid-bass on the RF-7's? I would assume that the bass is a little over the top. I have RF-83's and RF-63's. I find that the sound is a little hollow at times. This is in speakers with three drivers. I assume there are two levels of x-over in my speakers.

With two big cones, I would think you have highs and lows. Really low being handled by your sub(s)

How is the mid-bass on the RF-7's? I would assume that the bass is a little over the top. I have RF-83's and RF-63's. I find that the sound is a little hollow at times. This is in speakers with three drivers. I assume there are two levels of x-over in my speakers.

With two big cones, I would think you have highs and lows. Really low being handled by your sub(s)

Yes they really have a great balance of highs, mids and lows and sound great at all levels . I dont know if its the new crossovers or a combination of other things theyve done on the 7II's but im very impressed with movies and music. Also that 2 channel pure direct for music no sub is stunning and with a sub they sound equally as good to me but what really amazes me is how good they sound without a center channel with movies . My new center channel should be here this week sometime and cant wait to add it to the mix. I hope im as happy with the 64II as I am with these 7's but thats going to be hard to do I imagine . Never the less im glad its on its on the way so my front stage will be complete . Im still experimenting with setting my speakers to small and my crossover points and im having a really hard time trying to figure out what sounds better because they sound great at every combo so far and I've never had that with any other speakers i've owned but im hoping when I get the center it will be a easier decision to make lol .

Have mine cossed at 80hz. Tried 60&70 but the voiced seemed to lose the punch I'm used to. Do you have to get used to it? Also I don't have a beefy amp like you do.

Been hesitating on the emotiva. Keep thinking I'll get the best price around black Friday even though they are currently on sale.

Hey I just ordered that Blu Ray on ebay for 10 bucks. Should be here hopefully by Monday (fingers crossed) I can't wait to pop it in and see how it sounds on my system.....that will be my first concert Blu Ray that I have purchased! (I don't think you can count "This Is It" as a concert Blu Ray) I was thinking about getting the Stereophile Editor's Choice cd because its supposed to show you what your system is and isn't capable of with hand picked tracks and test tones. But imma see how this turns out first. Thanks for the recommendation!

Have mine cossed at 80hz. Tried 60&70 but the voiced seemed to lose the punch I'm used to. Do you have to get used to it? Also I don't have a beefy amp like you do. Been hesitating on the emotiva. Keep thinking I'll get the best price around black Friday even though they are currently on sale.

What AVR are you running ? Although power shouldnt be a issue with these 7II's or 64II's there very efficient I would try turning up your center channel on your AVR a little to see if that helps 80hz seems to be a good happy medium also . Do you have a spl meter and if you do try calibrating all your speakers to around 75db and run your sub a couple of db higher around 77db . Or try running your auto calibrating on your AVR with the mic if you have one like Audyessey or Mcacc whitch ever your AVR has .Sometimes it will take a few times running and you'll get different results that you might like better and just save them to your AVR memory the ones you like best. Hope that helps.

Hey I just ordered that Blu Ray on ebay for 10 bucks. Should be here hopefully by Monday (fingers crossed) I can't wait to pop it in and see how it sounds on my system.....that will be my first concert Blu Ray that I have purchased! (I don't think you can count "This Is It" as a concert Blu Ray) I was thinking about getting the Stereophile Editor's Choice cd because its supposed to show you what your system is and isn't capable of with hand picked tracks and test tones. But imma see how this turns out first. Thanks for the recommendation!

I hope you enjoy it ! I know I do and congrats you scored a great price to !

• 4 weeks later...

I will probaly never get rid of my 7's, but I really do like the look of the wood on the front of the new model!

Yes they do look good and im really enjoying how they sound to and totally understand how you feel about your 7's because I dont think I could ever get rid of mine !

for some reason i thought you already received the center. i think you'll really like it. :)

your comments about never getting rid of these speakers got me thinking. if for some reason they blew out

in the future will we be able to get replacement parts? i can't ever imagine getting rid of them either or what

a better pair could even sound like. not that i'm looking :)

for some reason i thought you already received the center. i think you'll really like it. :) your comments about never getting rid of these speakers got me thinking. if for some reason they blew out in the future will we be able to get replacement parts? i can't ever imagine getting rid of them either or what a better pair could even sound like. not that i'm looking :)

I did get my 64II and its a great center channel , vocals are crystal clear . Im thinking will be ok for a while and should be able to get parts years down the road .