"No Results" on Heritage

WMcD

I have a feeling this is ganna make our older heritage worth more!

Depends on the prices, still not listed!

I also wonder if the crossovers are the same!

It would be something to see the ALK in the new line!

Also did they use monster cable in the new heritage?

If the la scala is rated at 53hz thats 3 hz more!

Less bass?

Im not sure but i think its rated at 50 hz!

Or was!

The only company i could think of as a manufacturer is altec!

Well, ill just have to wait and see if they post the new drivers!

Regards Jim

see we have a new home page showing the Heritage Series. As a long time proud owner of Klipsch

La Scala's ( and other Klipsch) I noticed the new specs show the La Scala's bass response is only down to 53 Hz's. I'm confused because the specs on mine show the bass response down to 45Hz's. Has Klipsch changed something? . I know Klipsch has always been conservitive on there specs. I also know my La scala's can dig deeper then 45Hz's without breaking a sweat.

Looking to add a new Belle for the center..Come on boys show us the new stuff.

Updated photo of my HTS ( front view)

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the mains

Techenique A-10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/Dvd Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch RSS6 Surround Side

Klipsch RSS .5 Back surround

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

Odd how the Klipsch Heritage specs seem to fluctuate over the years. My 1981 Heresys were always advertized in and around 1981 as having 10" woofers. Now, the link on this website for the Heresy I says that the Heresy has a 12" woofer (hmmm...just like the Heresy II).

I suspect there is very little audible difference between these newer models and the older stuff. It is good to see the assurance that Klipsch is dedicated to these models. But I would still like to see a "Son of Heresy" model that extends bass to the sub 30 hz range and resembles a tower speaker.

TBrennan,

I'll second that... when I measured my '74 Scalas, they dropped like a stone below 55Hz unless they were deep in the corners, and that only extended 'em a couple of Hz...

Soundog out there? You've got more La Scalas than anyone else I know... ever measured em?

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

Scooter, I could be wrong cwm15.gifbut maybe the neighbors were running a Caterpiller 992C Wheel Loader in your front yard at the time? cwm1.gif If not, it might be a good time to pull out the trusty old Stanley framing hammer and secure all loose floorboards and unbolt the speakers from the walls.cwm12.gif

Ray-

I should get a test cd out along with my trusty Radio Shack meter, although I doubt it would all be that accurate. I wish someone from Klipsch - Bob G. perhaps, would come on with the whole story - changed crossover point, revised bass specs (Khorn lower, LaScalas higher}, new drivers, etc,

As you know the LaScalas need subs, the Khorns can be suplimented but don't really need to be. Both Heritage speakers produce outstandingly clear and realistically quick bass unmatched by anything other than another bass horn. It would be interesting to switch back and forth between a variety of music and see what the difference between the two really is.

I just got the Outlaw bass management ICBM to use with multichannel SACDs - I found that rolling off the LaScalas at 60 Hz works better than rolling them off at 80 or 40. My center channel creation, using the same woofers, in an infinate baffle vs. a horn loaded design benifits greatly by being rolled off at 120Hz which leads me to beleive that a LaScala as a center channel would be better.

Well I've got some additional projects, along with the EICO HF-81 to play with if I can find some free weekend time. Although yard work and home repair projects need to come first.

Best wishes-

Howard

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems