WTBorrow mint pie slice logos.

mungkiman

Hi All,

A week ago, I had never even seen a picture of a clear pie logo. Today, I have a pretty good reproduction of one...

I have the ability to replicate pie slice logos, but I would like to borrow a very nice example of an original one to create a proper mold. You can see here a couple copies that I have made, but the pie logos that I made the molds from were less than perfect. Not bad from a distance, but I'm after something much more close to perfection. So, if any of you are willing to loan me a mint pie logo (the more the better), I would be thrilled. No harm will come to them, they will be returned within a week, and I would be willing to reciprocate the favor by making you a set of custom pie logos. The examples shown are bronze (picture doesn't do justice) and clear, but I can also make black, and even ones that glow in the dark! Thanks for any consideration you may giveme on this project.

Chris

PS - Thanks to HudsonValleyNoah for the 411 on the clear pies. Yummy!

post-9039-13819618167242_thumb.jpg

post-9039-13819621855706_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris

I bought another pair of Klipsch last Saturday. They are Klipschorn Decorator models. I didn’t know what to expect when I went to go look at them. All I knew was that they were KD-FR 4L874 and 4L875 and there was no top cab to go with the bass bins. Anyway I bought the bass bins and now have them home out in the garden shed for some outdoor music. I don’t have any original tops so I am using my KG-4’s that I bought in 1990 high frequency until I can find a suitable top for them. When we were loading the Bins into the back of my pickup the seller said that there was a pie slice in a bag with a couple of brads stapled to the side of the bin, there was only one. I believe it is new but it has some hazing at the top of the slice. You are welcome to cast molds of it if you think it is good enough to use as a pattern. I would like to get some for the other Klipschorns that I have to make them all match. I took a couple of photos of the front and back so that you can see the hazing. You can contact me at garyeanderson at yahoo dot com if you like.

post-42841-13819618285794_thumb.jpg

post-42841-1381962194459_thumb.jpg

Thank you Gary and Budman. I sent you each an email with my address. I really do appreciate your help, and I know other members will appreciate your help in the future. Chris

Hi Chris

Well I got the badge wrapped and labeled but didn't quite make it to the post office yesterday. I got a return call from a craigslist inquiry about a Sansui 8080 from Thursday so I drove out to look at it. The seller couldn't seem to demonstrate that it worked so I offered a hundred for it. When I got it home I hooked it up and it had the same issues. I removed the jumpers on the back and hooked it up to the Dynaco ST-70 and the pre amp works mint but the power amp half of the 8080 needs work. It plays out of both channels but some what distorted at low volumes and as you turn it up the distortion get much worse. I have the service manual and it seems to have all the right voltages where they are supposed to be so at this point I don't know what to do other than to use it as a pre amp. I'll get to the post office tomorrow and drop off the package.

This morning started out great and slowly dipped downhill and then came back to where things started. I admitted defeat on the power amp portion of the Sansui 8080 and put it back together. Found most of the screws and put the bottom cover back on. I looked at the mahogany countertop that I pulled out of the dumpster next door this summer that the receivers sit on and decided it needed cleaning. The next thing you know I had the steel wool out and gave it a good buffing, something I have been meaning to so since I refinished it with boiled linseed oil. Anyway another coat of boiled linseed oil on the Mahogany bench top and I did the Belle’s while I had cloth wet in my hand.

After I wiped everything off I started to pair the 8080 with the St-70. Seeing that the 8080 and the Yamaha cr-1020 were the same size I stacked the Yamaha on the Sansui as there wouldn’t be any heat problems with the 8080 as a pre-amp. I ran the rca cables and tidied things up in the back and put on a Beatles album and got everything powered up and oh-oh, I screwed up. I mixed up one of the cables and now I was missing a channel on the cr-1020. Time for another coffee, and then I pulled it all apart to see what I screwed up. Pulled the cover off the Yamaha and I see 2 fuses and both test good. Oh caca, heading down hill fast. I look around for another 5 minutes and decide the pull the screws on the heat sinks and lift them out and I see two more fuses on each power board. I had to flop them over to get at the fuses and the first one both are good and on the second one I found one blown 5 amp fuse. I looked around and found a 3 amp to test with and put it all back together and power things up and now I have no sound at all. Things are starting to look like a spinning toilet bowl. Anyway I look at the two power boards and notice that I broke a wire on one and when I look at the other the same wire is broken too. So out comes the soldering iron. I solder them both back on and test again this time I have sound in both channels and I starting to feel better but all of a sudden I get some loud popping out of the Yamaha and I shut it down. I figure I just did a cold solder joint so I redo both wires again. This time, its better so I start to put it all back together again. Anyway when I look at the clock it already 11:30 and I was going to get post office in the morning. Well I got there just after noon and got the package shipped. How did your day go?[:)]

post-42841-138196184478_thumb.jpg

post-42841-13819622063782_thumb.jpg

Gary,

It sounds like you had all kinds of "fun" yesterday, so I appreciate your excursion to the post office. My day was a little less exciting, but I managed to take a better picture of a bronze pie logo. I know, they aren't original, and they aren't perfect, but I think they're pretty cool.

post-9039-13819622068852_thumb.jpg

Hey Gregg,

I'm just getting started, and don't know where my journey will take me. My primary interest is to help out forum members if they need replacement logos, and I would like to cover my costs. I was talking with a friend of mine that has a CNC machine, and he said he could write a program to produce something very close to the original. If he is successful, I could get you a pie made out of most any kind of wood, and several kinds of solid metal, including aluminum, brass, and COPPER! Once the programming is complete, we could generate pies of any reasonable size, and make things like drink coasters, hanging signs, etc.

For now, I'm just having fun experimenting with colors and finishes that I like, but I'm also happy to make "stock" copies for people. Once I have the molds made, and good pictures of options, let me know if I can be of assistance.

Chris

post-9039-13819618562974_thumb.jpg

post-9039-13819622157068_thumb.jpg

I would either like one made out of actual pies (peach and/or apple), or melted Domes of Silence.

I guess I'm still in baseball mode, but I find it cool that the pie-slice logo includes an image of home plate...