WTBorrow mint pie slice logos.

mungkiman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the forum members posted apicture of black pies with a smooth surface and silver trim. If I could figure how to post the picture on this forum I would but no such luck. I think these with holes would look beautiful. Please let me know if you can do these and what you would want for them.Thanks and best regards Moray James.

Moray James,

I can provide pies with textured backgrounds and nail holes, and I should soon be able to provide smooth ones, too. The smooth example I received for molding was blemished, but I am working to remove the same blemishes from reproductions; to create new molds. Here's a picture of nail-on black pies, with silver trim, but with the textured background. I'll post pictures when I am able to reproduce what I think you are asking for, so feel free to send me an email when or if I can be of assistance.

Chris

post-9039-13819619286908_thumb.jpg

post-9039-13819622708292_thumb.jpg

one of the forum members posted apicture of black pies with a smooth surface and silver trim. If I could figure how to post the picture on this forum I would but no such luck. I think these with holes would look beautiful. Please let me know if you can do these and what you would want for them.Thanks and best regards Moray James.

Hi James

That may have been me. My black pie's are all black, or at least I think they are. If they had silver on them its worn off and what you are seeing is just the flash reflection on the raised portion of the pie.

post-42841-13819619289078_thumb.jpg

post-42841-13819622709922_thumb.jpg

Hi W.C.,

I'm using Easy Cast resin, from Tap Plastics, for the castings. For the black logos, I'm using clear resins but adding Tap Plastic's Super Black to the mix. I expect to hand apply any gold / silver paint with paint pens.

Chris

It's obvious you are comfortable with the plastics you are already using, but you might also have a look at:

http://www.smooth-on.com/Urethane-Plastic-a/c5/index.html

They have some great products as well. The link is for the urethane stuff, but they make lots of products. We had a man here where I work, who made replacement parts for things no longer available. Cool stuff.

Bruce

Chris,

The clear Pie's with the gold look great.....! I am pretty sure that is what I want to use on the La Scalas. Did you see the blue one that someone posted? Can you add blue pigment to come up with something for the Smurf Scalas?

Thanks,

W. C.

W. C. - If you really want blue pies, I'll see what I can do. Would you want translucent, or solid color?

Dude, these are amazing! On the last ones, do you paint the flat black and the gold or does the plastic have an option of a matte finish?

M

Thanks, Michael. The only thing painted is the gold. These backgrounds are textured, which just doesn't reflect well.

Unpainted, the smooth surfaces are quite shiny.

post-9039-13819619559474_thumb.jpg

post-9039-13819622917898_thumb.jpg