Image One...

jrod

Nobody really talking about these. Who is going to be the first to get them?

I would love to read a couple of reviews before I made the leap. I purchased a pair of "Beats by Dre" before Klipsch announced the Image One's. The sound was pretty darn good... The build quality was AWFUL. Very cheap feel to them (annoying since they were $300), I returned them after one flight back home.

So, now I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Image One's. However, If there is going to be a better sounding set of "cans" in the $150-$300 range, I'd like to know!

I know there are a couple of solid brands out there: Sennheiser, Grado, etc... Are the One's going to be able to compete with cans (in a comparable price range) made by those companies?

I too have an itch for some new cans. Not that I need a new set.... I have the S4's in ear and they are very clear. they do lack a little down low and the sound stage isnt as nice as some of my other full size cans ( I know apples to oranges there). Im hoping the New Image 1's fill in that gap, with a better sound stage a little more seperation and just a touch more bass down low. I plan on going to the Apple store with my own Ipad/iTouch loaded with my own music and trying a set out before I purchase them. The other set of Cans in the running right now are the Denon AHD2000's I have a set of the Denon AHD1000's and while good they just arent exactly what Im looking for in a closed lightweight can. Ultraones Proline 750's I have are by far my best set of Closed cans. But there is a pretty big price gap between those and the Image one, and the 750's really sound good with a Headphone Amp. I'll report back once the Apple store gets them in stock and on display.

• Like 1

Ok.. So I took the leap and picked up a pair Friday evening. So far after quite a bit of listening over the weekend, my overall impression in one word. Impressive.

Klipsch hit the nail on the head with the size, build quality and look of these cans. Nothing as gawdy looking or bulky as the Beats. The gloss black with Chrome trim really looks good and the "leather" backing with "Klipsch" adds a classy look to the cans. They are a bit smaller than I thought they would be. But this is a good thing as it allows you to have a "full size" set of cans that you can travel with or listen to on the go without looking like a wanna be DJ. The case and abilty to turn the cups in so that they lay flat really helps with the portablilty. Throw the cans in the case and the case in a back pack and you are set.

Comfort. Very VERY comfortable. I was able to do something in these headphones I havent been able to do in most of my other cans.. And thats fall a sleep with them on. The pading on the ear cups and texture are spot on. Very impressed with Klipsch gettin this right on their first set of full size cans.

Sound. Very detailed. Sounds very much like the S4's. Mids and highs are very good, and accurate. sepreation is decent, and overall sound stage is good. Im still on the fence on the Bass. It seems there is just a touch of "boost" to these cans in the Bass department. Not so much that it is overbearing. But nothing like the bass boost on Dr Dre's Beats. However it's not bloaty just not as nuetral as I like..

I'll continue to do some critical listening over the next few weeks and report if the sound changes, but for now, if you are looking for a set of full size on the ear cans that have iPad iPhone controls with easy portablility and great sounds. I dont think you'll find anything in this price range that has all those features.

• Like 1

nd,

Thanks you so much for the review! It sounds like you are really enjoying them. I'm going to go ahead and pick up a pair this week. Did you get yours at an Apple store? Are there other retailers carrying them? The closest Apple store is about 30 mins away but I have all the big box stores (BB, hhgregg, etc..) very close.

Again, thanks for the review. I'll post my thoughts once I get some listening done on them!!

Jrod

has anyonne else had the chance to preview or
listen to these as yet... I am a bit surprised by the price point and
the fact that they are coming in to the market at only 150'ish (retail).
I was personally hoping that they would be state of the art but that
doesnt seem possible at 150$

on a side note there was a pair for sale on eBay the other day, but the listing ended.

thanks

I guess that depends on what you mean by "state of the art" At that price point and what they are designed for, I think they are as good if not better than most other headphones on the market in that price range. (Certainly better than Beats) From my view point these cans are designed as portable on the go cans designed specifically for iPXX devices. They are not designed to be top of the line sit at home desktop headphones that need an dedicated DACS and headphone amp. The price point I think is fair, They sound better, and are built better than my Denon AH-D1001's which retail for 149 ( you can get them cheaper than that though) Again way better than Dr Dre's Beats. which cost more. Im sure you can find a better more "state of the art" can. But at what cost, portabillity, easy of use, not power hungry? I dont think there is a do it all can. Which is why I have more than I care to admit.

I still plan on gettin me a set of Denon D2000's maybe even the 5000's but these will be my choice for closed listening on my dedicated rig with my tube headphone amp (closed can so as not to upset the wife..she's sick of the K-701's) Apples to oranges and the price is relfection of that too.

has anyonne else had the chance to preview or
listen to these as yet... I am a bit surprised by the price point and
the fact that they are coming in to the market at only 150'ish (retail).
I was personally hoping that they would be state of the art but that
doesnt seem possible at 150$

on a side note there was a pair for sale on eBay the other day, but the listing ended.

thanks

• Like 1

This headset looks really promising for me! However, I need to know if it is possible to use the microphone with a regular PC (and not just with an iPhone).

As far as I know, the Image One has a single mini-jack connector, while most PCs require separate cables for headset and microphone.

Is all I need a simple adapter for splitting the signal, or is this a showstopper for me?

If it is not possible to use the mic with a PC: Can anyone recommend an alternative headset for my usage, which is primarily music and skype.

I think Amazon is still an authorized online Klipsch retailer as are several who sell on Amazon such as Audio Advisor but you have to be careful as there are or used to be quite a few unauthorized dealers on Amazon.

Audio Advisor whos is an authorzed Klipsch retailer, or was then anyway, ran an incredible sale on the Image x5 a month or two ago (I'm not sure they are allowed to discount a lot but may be OK as long as they are a legitmate dealer). Wanted to cry as my wallet was a bit to empty to pull the plug. As I like the x5 better then the x10 which we have. And it's much less expen$ive even at full retail. ($100 less)