1956 K Horns Primavera

I/we (me and the dogs) have just become the proud owners of a set of 1956 K Horns PL and a 1960 Vertical Cornwall PL. The speakers are Primavera Blonde.

The grill cloth is shot, dirty and a few holes and the Cornwall has the matching grill cloth. One of the first things that I need to do is locate a source for the grill cloth. I have done a cursory search (Google) Vintage Grill Cloth and have not come up with anything close. Is there anyone out there that may hagve a source for this grill cloth?

Here is a pic:

post-57654-13819618845696_thumb.jpg

post-57654-13819622378798_thumb.jpg

Mungkiman,

That was probably one of the first sites I visited and they DO have some great cloth.....! I would really like to put the K Horns back to original, if I possibly can. If I can not find the original cloth, I have a substitute that really matches the Primavera grain perfectly, and I will go with that. It kind of jumped out at me in a local fabric shop yesterday, while I was searching for the original cloth. The women loved the fact that man was in their DOMAIN searching for fabric...........

I am also going to need some help in matching the cream colour paint that was used on the backside of the cabinet and along the edges.

W. C.

I've gotten some interesting looks when cruising through Jo Ann Fabrics, looking for cane fabric...

It's a total longshot, but did you check with Klipsch? It was years ago, when I bought my '59 Shorthorn pair, that Klipsch still had the original cane. They didn't have much, because "it hadn't been used in years", but they sold me what might have been the last of it. I only have enough left to put between the mid and tweeter horns, and the motorboard of my La Scalas. That, and a little sample that I carry in the glove box, for when I see a new fabric store...

Hope you find it!

How about a pic of the K's and Cornwall, dirty grill cloth and all? A few years ago, someone posted a pic of a magnificent set of matched pristine prima vera K-horns and (I think) Heresy, with what I think was the original grill cloth.

[Edit:] Those were on e-bay and the pic taken down long ago. This is a prima vera Heresy with that grill cloth from the Klipsch museum which someone posted in the past:

HP8_172ARTsm.jpg

• 2 months later...