Good deal???

tk123

First post here:

I am looking to do replace my current home theatre system and came across this deal on craig's list. I was wandering if it was a solid deal. thanks for any feedback

the deal

(2) Klipsch RF82's

(2) Klipsch RS42's

(1) Klipsch RC52

(1) Klipsch Sub10

(1) Yamaha Rx-v863

price = 1500

Well another point of reference is Amazon. The 82s are $381 a piece over there with free shipping from an authorized dealer. I checked audiogon and most people are looking to get $500-$600 for the set plus shipping. shipping is usually going to cost you around $100 or so so you're generally looking at $700 shipped. Have you seen any pictures? Is everything in good shape? here is my price roundup for mint everything

RF-82s $600

RC-52 $250

RS-42 $449 (never been able to find a deal on surrounds.)

Sub 10 $200

Yamaha $320

So with those prices there the total is $1819

Now if i take $100 off of the 82s then you'll be down to $1719. But with everything else those seem to be the going prices. I've rarely seen the 52 break the $300 mark with the new Reference series being out but I've never seen it go for less than $200 either. The 42s are always near full price everywhere I look.No one ever puts those things on sale. The average Sub 10 goes for around 200. maybe $150. So if I take $50 off of the Sub 10 you're at $1669. The Yamaha is $450 brand new but the average going price for used is $320. Haven't seen any for cheaper. So with all of that being said it seems like an average deal. You're saving a little money but he pretty much has everything priced near the going rates. Hope that helped

hey jjenning 2510 when i building my home theater i was just lookin for the best deals that i can get my hands on and i did i was comparing prices from alot of people and other stores and got some really good deals you tell if i did .

ONKYO TX-SR 806 i paid $296 before taxes the regular price was $1099.99

RB-81s i piad $250 each before taxes regular price was $400 each

RC-64 i paid $496 before taxes regular orice was $1000

RS-42 i paid $165 each before taxes regular price was $250 each

SUB 12 i paid $250 regular price is $500

my total is $1872 before taxes

i sat with taxes i spent about rounding it off $2200

hey jjenning 2510 when i building my home theater i was just lookin for the best deals that i can get my hands on and i did i was comparing prices from alot of people and other stores and got some really good deals you tell if i did .

ONKYO TX-SR 806 i paid $296 before taxes the regular price was $1099.99

RB-81s i piad $250 each before taxes regular price was $400 each

RC-64 i paid $496 before taxes regular orice was $1000

RS-42 i paid $165 each before taxes regular price was $250 each

SUB 12 i paid $250 regular price is $500

my total is $1872 before taxes

i sat with taxes i spent about rounding it off $2200

Hey VIC yes it looks like you got a great deal on everything. Especially the 64. Outstanding score there! The Sub 12 was a great score as well. I paid more than that for my Sub 10s [:$] And the 42s were good as well. Because as I said earlier I have been looking at surrounds for months now and I've never been able to catch them on sale. Their always $538 for the 42 IIs or $400 for the 42s. So you saved with those. And the 81s were great as well because that price is usually the going price for used! And the 806 while a couple of years older still has the features that the newest receivers have minus 3d. THX certification. Good power per channel (even though a separate amp would be better, lol) 5 HDMI ports, 1080p upscaling, Audessey, Satellite Radio ready.....its a very feature rich receiver and $296 is a steal! I think you did fairly well because online some retailers still want $700 for it! I'm especially jealous on the 64 because I need one now (just picked up some 82s and plan on getting 7s later) so I'm pretty impressed. Good deals. Smart shopping is the best way to shop. Saves you money in the long run! Congrats on the setup. I'm slowly getting up there with you guys. I didn't have upgrade fever until I joined this forum! LOL.

thanx man but im looking for rf-83 and rs-64 i will find a good deal on them i guess its good that theres not alot stores in new york city that carry klipsch reference speakers thanx god and they are a tad bit pricey bit great speakers and also people wont buy them for that reason but i will [:D][H] and if i think about i saw the the 83s for $1300 for the pair so wish me luck

If you saw the 83s for $1300 a pair and they're in good shape then buy them! Buy them NOW! If possible. Because I have not been able to fins any 83s that cheap! I had been looking at those too hoping to find some closeout deals. But the few stores that still have them want $1300 EACH or in other words $2600 a pair.....so that 50% discount is great. And the 62s are beasts for surrounds! But I've never seen a pair of them go for less than $900 but nonetheless you seem to have patience so you will probably come across some more great deals. And yes Klipsch can be pricey and yes I get strange looks whenever someone asks me how much I paid and I tell them, LOL.But I always tell them that GREAT sound is hard to beat. Being able to simulate a small movie theater is great. lol

RS-42 $449 (never been able to find a deal on surrounds.)

I was fortunate to buy my RS-52's for $250.00 on Craigslist. The deals are out there if you are patient and move quick on great deals.

Thats an outstanding deal! But I've been patient. I was looking for surrounds before I even got my 61s but I just can't ever find the sales. I can generally find sales on all of the speakers that I'm NOT looking for, lol. But the Memphis Craigslist sucks for Klipsch. There are generally only 1 or 2 listings for Klipsch and the sellers generally want 95% of retail which is crazy. I'll go ahead and pay the extra 5% and buy them new! But I'll keep checking it daily. Most of my deals have come on eBay and Amazon. No luck on Craigslist.

• Moderators

Thats an outstanding deal! But I've been patient. I was looking for surrounds before I even got my 61s but I just can't ever find the sales.

I've been blessed to find some sweet deals but it seems that I was finding much more when I was building my HT two years ago. Maybe things have slowed down or I'm just not looking as hard since I don't "need" any new gear. Have you tried using searchtempest.com ? It will allow you to look at several Areas at the same time within a given distance from your zip code. I also use an app on my phone (Android Market) called Craigslist Notification. Great app and it's free.

Yes! I've used searchtempest before. I used it after you recommended it to someone else. lol. But even the surrounding areas don't have Klipsch. Arkansas and Mississippi. I have to travel pretty far and even then the deals aren't really there. Slight savings which will be offset by the gas to get there and come back. But I do have the app. Just haven't used it yet, lol. I mainly just use it to browse. Idk or maybe thats another criagslist app that I'm using. I'll have to check. And I'll set it up so that I can see if I can have a little better luck. But right now I have to lay low so some deals will probably pop up. Won't be able to shop until after the holidays. lol. But I'll check out that app. Thanks!