My 1st item sold on Ebay

oscarsear

So my mom calls (I'm old so you know my parents are relics) and says that she has this fancy game she's gonna donate to the Church bazaar. She's calling cuz the even though the game is old it had an old price tag of $57 which made her think it was worth something. She tried to tell me about it (you know how THAT goes) and finally I said just ship it to me. I get it. It is a Pente game set, still in the box and has all the instructions, etc. It says something about a 1983 championship and it has an old tag showing $57. So I put it on Ebay. It was numero uno for moi. A 7 day auction with an absurd buy-it-now price and a fairly high reserve. Folks are chewing off arms and legs bidding on it. After 2 days, POP goes the buy-it-now. $395.00 for a single game board and 4 bags of glass beads. Wonder what else my parents have stashed away and I wonder how many other things they've already handed away?

• Moderators

You might want to go one day and check out the garage and attic, they might be setting on a retirement. Watch some of those shows on tv people pay crazy prices for junk, "collectiables".

Wait till you get there and your dad says, "there are probably some old tube amps in the attic and boxes of tubes I need to give away". [:o]

It's pretty cool when you sell something thinking it might be worth ten bucks to someone, and it goes for hundreds. That happened to me with an old souvenir plate from Red Wing, Minnesota. I bought it for fifty cents, and it sold for $150.

You might want to go one day and check out the garage and attic, they might be setting on a retirement. Watch some of those shows on tv people pay crazy prices for junk, "collectiables".

Wait till you get there and your dad says, "there are probably some old tube amps in the attic and boxes of tubes I need to give away". Surprise

I kept track of their stereo gear. They have a sequential pair of JBL D130s (16 ohm version) and that's about it. Long ago they gave a Fisher integrated tube amp to my sister who subsequently sent it to the dumper. Methinx most of their estate will consist of flourishing paintings on black velvet. They were given this particular game set and never used it.