Price for a set of Jubs

Max2

basically, they never come up for sale on the used market. There are only a handful of people that have them. Unless you stumbled into a location that had them commercially and was selling them, I'd wager lunch that you won't find them.

So, to answer your question, a fair price is their price from Klipsch (roughly $7K). This price usually includes any taxes AND shipping to your door....as long as you are in the US!

If you are seriously interested in pricing/delivery questions then the best person you should talk to is Roy Delgado at Klipsch (roy.delgado@klipsch.com)

Everything needs to go through him and he'll set you in the right direction.

Good luck if you pursue this!!

Edit: I am presuming you are talking about the 2-way version that has found its way into some homes and you are not looking for a 3-way version

Thanks Coytee. Wow.... well I sure dont have a spare 7K laying around so I guess I can axe this idea. I have never heard a pair, just read the reviews from peeps here. I guess a used pair sure wouldnt last long with such limited numbers. Boy what a find that would be though!

• 3 weeks later...

you can contact Greg at Volti Audio, he has a set on ebay at the moment

Just a point of clarification...

If you refer to this listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/Two-Large-Folded-Bass-Horns-Loaded-Klipsch-Woofers-/290513565661?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item43a3f537dd

It's for a Jamboree, not a Jubilee. I think it's got two 15" drivers/cabinet instead of two 12" drivers/cabinet. As I understand the story, Klipsch went with two 12" drivers to help raise the crossover point of the Jubilee. Raising the crossover point was (I think) one of the primary goals along with keeping the same footprint, reducing distortion...

I think this was designed by DJK or someone on the forum. My understanding from those who've heard them is they sound absolutely stunning.

I'm just clarifying that they're not a Jubilee bass bin nor are they clones (as far as I understand their design)

Greg is certainly a very skilled craftsman.

Edit: I totallay missed those clones!

Get a pair of K402's for 'about' $1,000 (each) and you're well on your way!!!

Unfortunately Coytee's memory is getting as bad as mine. So let me clarify is clarification.

The Jamboree was not designed by DJK, although DJK has been generous with other designs on this forum. Rather, they were designed by a fellow in Seattle who used to contribute to the forum. He has a website (that I can't find right now) and he can provide plans or the finished product. Personally, I have not seen a full set of measurements on the Jamboree, only anecdotes. I don't think anyone is in a good position to make a direct comparison between the Jubilee and the Jamboree. In fact it could be an apples-to-oranges problem anyway.

The other fellow builds clones of the Jubilee bass bin. He also does quite a bit of name dropping etc in his advertising. I have no idea whether his product is any good or not, or what degree of accuracy he has acheived, although the finish on the cabinet looks good in the photos. Since this guy is cloning a currenly produced Klipsch product for his own commercial purposes, many of us will not bother investigating his cabinets or resopsonding to his posts. As far as I can tell, other than some anecdotes their sound quality is unknown.

In either case, even if the bass bins are adequate, there remains the problem of how to integrate the bass bin into a larger system. The engineers at Klipsch have obviously given this considerable thought. Sadly that thinking has typically not been captured in many of the clone setups that I am aware of. For example, the design of crossover, choice of horn(s), matching polar patterns, etc are poorly chosen.