P-37F in small rooms

seattleguy

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how the P-37Fs fare is smaller rooms, say 12x10? That's the size of my listening room (a spare bedroom). I currently use the Klipsch reference RB-7 for the mains but have never liked the way bookshelf speakers blend with subs. I'd like to go full range instead

I have a pair of Cornwall IIs from the 80s that I used to use in a much bigger room but they are way to big for the space I have now. They are in use for a stereo setup in our living room.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

My listening room stuff:

RB-7 Left/Right

RC-7 Center

RB-5 Surrounds

RW-12 Subwoofer

Aragon Stage 1

Aragon 2004 MKII

Acurus 100x3

Oppo BDP-83

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how the P-37Fs fare is smaller rooms, say 12x10? That's the size of my listening room (a spare bedroom). I currently use the Klipsch reference RB-7 for the mains but have never liked the way bookshelf speakers blend with subs. I'd like to go full range instead

I have a pair of Cornwall IIs from the 80s that I used to use in a much bigger room but they are way to big for the space I have now. They are in use for a stereo setup in our living room.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

My listening room stuff:

RB-7 Left/Right

RC-7 Center

RB-5 Surrounds

RW-12 Subwoofer

Aragon Stage 1

Aragon 2004 MKII

Acurus 100x3

Oppo BDP-83

We auditioned them in a similar size room at dealer. Did sound pretty good! Although, I did observe sound treatment in the room, and that might be a contributing factor...

I say Heresy Is with a sub in a 10 X 12 room would be great. (I ought to know).

Just need to have carpet and possibly a few treatments......

I am suggesting 2.1 for music; but I am a traditionalist like that; and I still believe 2.1 channel stereo can not be beat......

Good Luck.....

Sorry, no Palladiums here (yet.... someday maybe).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ironsave, Please take my comments with a grain of salt because I've found that my opinions and popularity have dramatically improved since I recently became a Palladium owner; I'm half kidding. I've found forum members to be a fine bunch. Regardless my response does not really speak to the heart of your question; You said "any and all" so I'll tell you what my experience has been. I have my 37s and the 27 center in a 16X24 room with RF-83s in the back and you can hardly get me out with a sledge hammer. I mean I love them to death. Second comment is second hand information that comes from someone with a great reputation for his business dealings on Audiogon. He also has enough money to have owned lots of expensive speakers. He sold me my 37s and said that I could use even 39s in my room (although I think he may have meant a stereo application). He has 39s on order for a room larger than mine and he practically swears that Palladiums are the best thing since the wheel. My reading of the Stereophile review of the 39 left me with the opinion that they were good but not great among the more expensive speakers and the best horn loaded speaker the reviewer had heard to date. Wish I could be more precise and simple but I would be stretching the truth. Nic

• 4 weeks later...

You should be fine in a smaller space. I've used p37fs in my attic studio (15X8) and been no problem.

Hello everyone,

I currently use the Klipsch reference RB-7 for the mains but have never liked the way bookshelf speakers blend with subs. I'd like to go full range instead

Hi seattleguy,

You have some nice gear and I gather you have RB-75s as Main Speakers. I admit I like having RF-7s up front with a sub more than I did the RB-75s but given the quality of your other gear, the RW-12 may be the weak link, imo. The RSW line is a step above and of course others will mention you can find ID online that are good bang-for-your-bucks as well. We still use the RB-75/RC-7 in our Bedroom and it's better than what most people have as their main Home theater...Btw, I have no experience with the P-37F.

• 1 month later...

Hi Seattleguy, I think your room may be too small. I know it's kinda hard to enlarge your room at will with all the concrete foundations and all, but if you have a larger room available, you will be happier with the result. Cheers, Pete.

Welcome to the forum petefrederick...Fwiw, this thread is almost a year old and for some unknown reason keeps getting resurrected.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My listening room is also a 15.09 x 9 ft spare room, without any acoustic treatment . Only capert , curtain and wall frames .

I've been using the P37Fs for about 2 weeks and they sound simply great :)

The gear is from Musical Fidelity, M6i ( integrated amplifier )and M6CD/dac , a HTPC ( zotac nano + foobar ) and the cables are all Nordost : three brahma power cords , Tyr speaker and XLR IC cables .

I'm waiting for the P27c... my mch gear is marantz av7005 / xpa3 , RS52II sur and a SVS PC12+ subwoofer .

Posted Image

Posted Image

My listening room is also a 15.09 x 9 ft spare room, without any acoustic treatment . Only capert , curtain and wall frames . I've been using the P37Fs for about 2 weeks and they sound simply great :) The gear is from Musical Fidelity, M6i ( integrated amplifier )and M6CD/dac , a HTPC ( zotac nano + foobar ) and the cables are all Nordost : three brahma power cords , Tyr speaker and XLR IC cables . I'm waiting for the P27c... my mch gear is marantz av7005 / xpa3 , RS52II sur and a SVS PC12+ subwoofer . DSC04598.jpgIMG_1352.jpg

Nice looking setup... Congratulations...

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice, I have used Musical Fidelity equipment for years. I love their products (most of them). Their new stuff looks really nice.

Nice speakers too. Klipsch did a great job with these. You resisted the urge to buy the biggest ones, good job! Have to match them to the room.

If you want to try an experiment, try moving the speakers forward out in the room and away from the walls (about a meter or so) and see what you think. This will block your screen, but you can have a listening session.

thanks, Shake777 and tigerwoodKhorns .

Actually the MFs sounds heavenly with the Palladiums . :D

Even the M6i made a marvelous job , but the AMS35i.... oh man, it has that sweet and velvet -like sound of a (good ) tube amp and the "punch" detail and precision of a SS . It's the best of both worlds , i think .

The ugly side is it's power consuption and heating ... well, it's a pure class A :)

By the way, I don't know if there is another " crazy one" ( as myself ) using nothing but Nordost cables with the Palladiums ... a lot of people fear this combination and it worked so well ...far better than the Kimber Kable Select series I've auditioned before with a P39 .

My listening room is small indeed , but i will try moving the speakers foward ( they already are 1m far from the rear wall and 28cm from the side walls )

Cheers !