Palladium 7.1 power

Skule

Hi everyone!!

Well, I have just taken the leap and ordered a way, way, way more expensive speaker system than I thought I ever would - simply because I fell in love with the looks, the sound, the reviews, the Klipsch history and so on.

So, as a newbie from cold and dark Norway I wanted to ask all you experienced, knowledgeable and faithful Klipsch Community users how I should properly power my babies to be?? I have been following this site for a few months and I have been reading thousands of posts on the forums and blogs and I am thouroughly thankful for all the great knowledge beeing shared here[:D]

After much soul-searching, wallet and bank account sweet talking, and color choice deliberations I ended up settling on the following:

P-38s as fronts - I really wanted the 39s but they unfotunately just seem too big for the space I have next to the Panny 65" 3D TV

P-27C

P-17Bs as side surrounds - my HT is open on one side out into our second floor living/office/stairway area, and I just think they look better than the P-27S :-)

P-27S as rear surrounds - these will be wall mounted only about 1 foot behind the main couch/listening position (I know this is not ideal but that is all the room I have!!)

P-312W - just one will have to do!!

All of them in Espresso, I actually ordered them in the Natural finish but changed my mind and don't regret it after having seen (and heard) the Natural ones at my dealer. For your information my HT area is approx 15 feet wide and 12 feet deep (screen to back wall) but as I mentioned above it opens up to the right and the entire room with stairs is approx. 700 square feet.

I will be using the new Marantz AV 7005 Pre/Pro and have initially decided to use two MM7055 (5x145W into 8 ohms) as power amps. I will use 6 channels to bi-amp the fronts and the center, and the remaining 4 to run the side and rear surrounds. I made this decision because a) I love the clean look of the new Marantz series, B) because they fit my bank account after having seriously gone overboard (at least in my mind [:$]) on the speakers, and c) because Klipsch are very efficient and easy to drive. Now, here comes the question - knowing that I probably will be killed by all'y'all for spending way too little on amps - what is your recommendation when I have finally saved up enough for my wife to allow me an amplifier upgrade???

Thanks a bunch - and Happy New Year to all Klipsch Community followers!!!!

Skule

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot to mention that the Marantz amps provide 290W into 4 ohms, and the engineers at Marantz ensured me they were capable of dealing with the lower ohms of the Palladiums - but I am of course aware of the fact that this is not high end equipment and probably doesn't have the power supply to provide enough current to really let these babies loose.

Anyway, I'm very interested in hearing what you all have to say and of course any experiences/reviews other Palladium owners have :-)

Thanks again - Cheers!!!

Skule

Congratulations, Skule! I got to use a P-38 setup for a wide variety of classical music a few years ago (Bach solo violin and solo cello sonatas, Berlioz Damnation of Faust, Dvorak's New World, etc.), and was VERY impressed with the accuracy, detailing, and instrumental soundstage and separation! I was glad they had the sub, as I didn't think the larger P-39's w/o a sub had as good a double-bass foundation as the P-38's with the sub.

Anyway, after many years of listening to Heritage, I really like the way the P-38's send out MUSIC to the listener! Please write us your reactions after you set them set up and tweak them if needed and give them some time to sound their best.

HNY!

Larry

Thanks Larry,

I am still eagerly awaiting delivery of everything - and will of course give all'y'all my impressions when I get it.

What amps were used in the P-38 setup you listened too?? After reading just about everything I can find regarding the Palladiums it seems Macintosh is favoured.

Skule

• 3 months later...

So Aleximas,

If I may beg your pardon upfront for being rather blunt...

Why do virtually every one of your posts have a little advertisment link at the end of them? (I just looked up your posts to verify)

To be rather blunt, it strikes me more as thinly veiled trolling/fishing (or what ever it's called) instead of honest upstanding memebership?

I'd be intrigued to hear your story

COYTEE ,,, How much of a discount did you get to flag JUBES ???

1. I got a free hat out of the deal
2. I got a laminated signed build sheet, signed by everyone who had a hand in the process of building them
3. I have hours & hours of enjoyment of listening to them
4. I have you dogging me every chance you can

"it don't get no better than that"

[Y] [:D]

Edited to add: at least I'm pretty open & honest about my skirt wearing cheerleading and don't hide it under cover of stealth posts on various threads. [<:o)] and admit it.... you once said that you'd love to see me in a skirt.... [:o] Sorry though... you're going to stay frustrated. [;)]

So Aleximas,

If I may beg your pardon upfront for being rather blunt...

Why do virtually every one of your posts have a little advertisment link at the end of them? (I just looked up your posts to verify)

To be rather blunt, it strikes me more as thinly veiled trolling/fishing (or what ever it's called) instead of honest upstanding memebership?

I'd be intrigued to hear your story

I've noticed that he/she just quotes a part of someone else's post and adds some advertisement links along. Read the second paragraph of LarryC's first post in this thread and compare to what aleximas wrote.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone!!

Well, I have just taken the leap and ordered a way, way, way more expensive speaker system than I thought I ever would - simply because I fell in love with the looks, the sound, the reviews, the Klipsch history and so on.

So, as a newbie from cold and dark Norway I wanted to ask all you experienced, knowledgeable and faithful Klipsch Community users how I should properly power my babies to be?? I have been following this site for a few months and I have been reading thousands of posts on the forums and blogs and I am thouroughly thankful for all the great knowledge beeing shared hereBig Smile

After much soul-searching, wallet and bank account sweet talking, and color choice deliberations I ended up settling on the following:

P-38s as fronts - I really wanted the 39s but they unfotunately just seem too big for the space I have next to the Panny 65" 3D TV

P-27C

P-17Bs as side surrounds - my HT is open on one side out into our second floor living/office/stairway area, and I just think they look better than the P-27S :-)

P-27S as rear surrounds - these will be wall mounted only about 1 foot behind the main couch/listening position (I know this is not ideal but that is all the room I have!!)

P-312W - just one will have to do!!

All of them in Espresso, I actually ordered them in the Natural finish but changed my mind and don't regret it after having seen (and heard) the Natural ones at my dealer. For your information my HT area is approx 15 feet wide and 12 feet deep (screen to back wall) but as I mentioned above it opens up to the right and the entire room with stairs is approx. 700 square feet.

I will be using the new Marantz AV 7005 Pre/Pro and have initially decided to use two MM7055 (5x145W into 8 ohms) as power amps. I will use 6 channels to bi-amp the fronts and the center, and the remaining 4 to run the side and rear surrounds. I made this decision because a) I love the clean look of the new Marantz series, B) because they fit my bank account after having seriously gone overboard (at least in my mind Embarrassed) on the speakers, and c) because Klipsch are very efficient and easy to drive. Now, here comes the question - knowing that I probably will be killed by all'y'all for spending way too little on amps - what is your recommendation when I have finally saved up enough for my wife to allow me an amplifier upgrade???

Thanks a bunch - and Happy New Year to all Klipsch Community followers!!!!

Skule

So finally, what did you end up with to drive these babies?

Howdy - good to see the Palladium thread finally getting some engaging discussions going [:)]

I ended up as initially stated, I run two Marantz MM7050 five channel power amps where I use 6 channels to bi-amp the front P39s and the center, then the last for for the side and rear surrounds. This sounds fantastic, and they give me way more power than I can use. Even if the P39's for sure can handle a lot more power I don't think i will need to upgrade for a very long time - and the power amps look so good next to the AV7005 processor (and the Palladiums of course).

Howdy - good to see the Palladium thread finally getting some engaging discussions going Smile

I ended up as initially stated, I run two Marantz MM7050 five channel power amps where I use 6 channels to bi-amp the front P39s and the center, then the last for for the side and rear surrounds. This sounds fantastic, and they give me way more power than I can use. Even if the P39's for sure can handle a lot more power I don't think i will need to upgrade for a very long time - and the power amps look so good next to the AV7005 processor (and the Palladiums of course).

Sounds to be a very solid setup... Yes, some photo's would be nice....

Evening from sunny Norway!!

I did post some pictures over in the HT thread a few months ago, but Palladiums deserve to be shared over and over again so I am not difficult to ask [:D]

Here are a few shots of my setup with a 65" Panasonic - movies are better here than in the theatre!! Enjoy!!!

post-48432-1381966097062_thumb.jpg

Howdy - good to see the Palladium thread finally getting some engaging discussions going Smile

Sounds to be a very solid setup... Yes, some photo's would be nice....

Absolutely! [H]