looking for a place to audition K-horns and Jubilee speakers

Ducatista

I am in the market for new speakers and find the K-horns and maybe even the Jubilees very interesting. In the 1970's I owned a pair of Cornwall speakers.

It is a challenge to find a dealer anywhere near me (Pensacola, Florida) who has K-horns to audition. Frankly, I imagine that they would not be set-up properly in any case.

Somewhat surprisingly, I learned that Klipsch does not have a demonstration listening room in Hope. I realize that it might be particularly hard to audition the Jubilees.

Any ideas on where my wife and I might be able to hear the K-horns or Jubilee speakers in Pensacola, Mobile, Gainesville, Ocala, or Tampa areas?

We are also in Washington DC frequently.

Thanks in advance.

I learned that Klipsch does not have a demonstration listening room in Hope

First, I'd suggest this is a bit mis-informed. They have two different seating areas (unless something has changed). Not only do they have the listening room in the lab, they have a little more formal room in the main office building. It's not necessarily a public listening room BUT... I'd bet lunch that if you made appropriate phone calls/emails and were in the neighborhood on a certain agreed date, that you could get an audition in Hope.

That said, thinking aloud, the nearest Jubilee owners that I can think of nearest you would perhaps be Lafayatte LA, Chattanooga TN (although he's using a 3 way not the 2-way version), Mike & myself here in Knoxville TN, Nashville TN, Austin TX, Waco TX...

who am I missing...

Well, I'd suppose that's most if not all the owners in a circle around you. I'm at home. I have notes at work. If near DC, then the units in that neck of the woods are in Buffalo NY, Westhampton MA.... all I can think of up there.

We need some in FL.... if YOU got some then we could list you as the Florida contact!

If you are serious and can do a road trip I'd venture to guess any current owners would welcome a visit. You might also contact Roy about a visit to Hope. roy.delgado@klipsch.com

If you were to order a pair they'd need to go through him anyway so why not go there, audition and get the paperwork started!

oh... last... if you can catch an easy flight, you might consider a day trip to Chicago or Dallas (Arlington).

Thanks to all on the helpful responses. I was also surprised to learn (from Amy) about the lack of a facility for auditioning speakers at Klipsch. She suggested that I post here and that perhaps some current owners might be willing to demonstrate their speakers.

Thanks to all who responded.

Who is in Buffalo? That's only 70 miles from me. I didn't know that there were any other forum members in upstate New York.

Hi Mike,

I sent an email to him as well with a link to this thread. Hopefully these guys will respond here directly or if not, PM each of you directly.

Hi Rich, my name is Kevin Harmon and I live in Lafayette, LA. I have

Jubilee's along with a pair of kpt-684 cinema subs. If you are ever in the

area please contact me so we can do some listening. My email is kharmondds@aol.com.

My cell number is 337 298-4773.

Kevin

Thanks for your willingness and welcome. I expect to drive to New Orleans around the end of Feb. or sometime in March. I'll give you anearly heads up so we can plan around your schedule. I'm most likely to leaceTX on a Friday and return Monday.Let me know what your preferences are.

Thanks again,

Rich

Thanks for your willingness and welcome. I expect to drive to New Orleans around the end of Feb. or sometime in March. I'll give you anearly heads up so we can plan around your schedule. I'm most likely to leaceTX on a Friday and return Monday.Let me know what your preferences are.

Thanks again,

Rich

Rich,

You are about to be entertained by the nicest guy you will ever meet, and the number #1 Paul Klipsch fan. Kev has the most complete set of Large Klipsch speakers on the forum, including a pair of TSCM Pro Klipschorns, one set of early lipschorns, one newer set, short horns, MCM 1900s, and KP-600s. Make sure to ask for him to play his videos of meeting PWK in person, and have him point you towards LaFondas for the best Filet, Rabit, and knock your ____ in the dirt Margaretas you will ever have. As for the Briggs filet, pan raised rabbit with cheese dipping sauce, and line up about 3 shot sized margaretas and endulge yourself and your wife. [Y][Y][Y][Y][Y]

Roger

• 2 months later...

Curious minds wanna know....has this happened yet?

Enjoy the khorns I bet they will sound wonderful. Quick side question what Ducati is your bike of choice? I've owned a 99 monster 750, a 00 Supersport 900, and a 01 748 that I had bored out to a 853 with a full termi system. Currently bikeless and most likely safer :( but I love Italian bikes.

"Enjoy the khorns I bet they will sound wonderful."

Really looking forward to the khorns, which I think will match nicely with VAC's new integrated amplifier.

"Quick side question what Ducati is your bike of choice? I've owned a 99 monster 750,

a 00 Supersport 900, and a 01 748 that I had bored out to a 853 with a full termi system.

Currently bikeless and most likely safer :( but I love Italian bikes."

Right now we have two Ducati's:

A relatively stock GT 1000 with Termi's and other modest tweaks for around town and a ST4s (abs) heavily modified for fast

two-up riding in the twisties. Until recently we did a lot of Ducati riding in Italy but shoulder problems are making it less fun.