Looking for photos of VRD Monos

USNRET

mine are stainless steel, which looks great too.

I don't disagree, my VRDSt was stainless. Just happens that I have a hook up with a local coating company that swears they can do wonders. I am hesitant to mess up but Craig is supporting my efforts and if it doesn't work out we will go stock stainless.

I am planning on the top plates, transformer bells and rear plates. Help me with some color combos that will not turn a silk purse into a sow's ear. Cabinets will be walnut as that's what my Peach and Tercel are.

Here's an idea to help you decide. Find a piece of art that you like. Pick colors used in the painting (or drawing, etc.). You know they'll "work" together for you because you like the art! This might be a nice start (Picasso's Three Musicians, 1921), as it's music-related (and has some walnut-tones). You might also use a favorite album cover. Find a good image before you color match.

picasso_3musicians1921.jpg

?? I thought mine was a good idea.

It was buddy but you couldn't know that I have never seen a piece of 'art' that I like. Seriously. What is scary is that after looking at the painting you posted, i thought of blue tops and yellow trannys.

And when you wrote that, I pictured a blue tranny wearing a yellow top...[:o]

Wow, no art that you like? Yours may be a unique stance. Not even Thomas Kinkaid, the painter of light? Red Skelton's clowns? Andres Serrano's photos?

Here's an idea to help you decide. Find a piece of art that you like. Pick colors used in the painting (or drawing, etc.). You know they'll "work" together for you because you like the art! This might be a nice start (Picasso's Three Musicians, 1921), as it's music-related (and has some walnut-tones). You might also use a favorite album cover. Find a good image before you color match.

picasso_3musicians1921.jpg

cool! he painted zz top!

Thanks gnat! I scrolled back and forth for a while. Started out blue, then red, then blue and so on. I like the reflective ability in the red but wonder what a nice brilliant yellow would be like. I should have the pieces from Craig by Monday and get out to the plating co to have a look at what they have to offer. I am a little scared of removing the powder coating from the screw holes, I hear the coating is fairly thick and I am pretty sure I'll have to open the holes back up to size.I don't want to take a chip out of it.