I am a Proud Klipsch Owner!

m00n

WHOOO HOOO! 33.gif

Got it past my wife, and was able to get it. Now I can update my sig from the wanna-be status to proud owner status.

Also, I took all your guys advice and bought from a dealer. However, I did take in a quote from a internet distributor. I worked them down $800.00. cwm13.gif

Reference 3II Series all the way around.

RC-3II

RS-3II

RF-3II

RSW-12

I haven't hooked it all up yet, but I can't wait to hear that RSW-12 sub. Bet it's gonna rock!

Now then I have a setup/config icon5.gif (first of a long string to come I am sure) for you all. The sub came with right/left inputs. The monster cable came with a splitter, but the package says, that if the sub has a left/right, I only need to plug into the left? Anyone know for sure? Should I use the splitter and connect into both the left and right?

Thanks all. You all have been great at helping me decide what to get and for talking some since into me.

------------------

m00n's lunar system

RF-3II Floorstanding

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

This message has been edited by m00n on 04-15-2002 at 01:24 AM

On my sub they say that you only need to hook up the left too, however they recommend buying a splitter and using both. Since yours came with a spliter I would deffinetly use it.

------------------

I like my bass like I like my women, deep and tight.

Thanks for the help boa12 and zandern.

Oh and zandern we like the same things cwm27.gif

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

This message has been edited by m00n on 04-15-2002 at 11:29 AM

Na, I didn't get them for $800.00, I just talked them down $800. I went to Sound Distributors . They have a couple of Reference II series packages for $2169 before shipping. I printed off the package I wanted and went to the local dealer. I walked in told him I was ready to buy today, I had the money all he had to do was match this price. Before I even went in I was willing to match up to the speaker price as well as the shipping costs. Shipping was an additional $206 or something like that. We dickered and dealed for a few minutes, I finally went up an extra $100.00. So, basically, i got that set for $2469.00. That was $800.00 less than they wanted.

Oh and let me tell you, that RSW-12 is just out of this world! (Well it is to me anyway)

So, for an extra $100.00 over what the internet price was, I get the luxery of having a local Authorized dealer here in town. That extra $100 is very well worth it for the convience. not to mention if something does go wrong, I don't have to pay for shipping. So in a way, that extra $100.00 pays for itself.

Oh, and by the way, the store where I bought them was at "The Good Guys" in Beaverton Oregon.

The only thing that pissed me off about them was that they had me convienced that I NEEDED a $700.00 set of cables or it was just going to sound like pure sh1t. Needless to say, I went the cheap route on the cables and got their best cooper stranded wire. I would really like to know if that expensive wire really would make that much difference.

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

This message has been edited by m00n on 04-15-2002 at 11:33 PM

they make a lot of money on wire, of course they are going to say that.

as to what difference it makes? you'll have to judge for yourself. I think there are other cheaper tweakes that should come before in your situation. had you been willing to spend the additional $700, it would've been better spent on a higher-end receiver.

but that's just my humble opinion, and it may not be shared by everyone.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

So is the receiver that I got considered mid range or low end?

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

See the Home Audio FAQ link (On the Home Audio products page) for more subwoofer and connection information.

Also, in my owners manual for the KSW 12 it states "If there is an inadequate amount of subwoofer volume even with the level control set to maximum, add a Y cord to the subwoofer end of the cable and connect to both of the line inputs. This will provide a significant (6db) increase in the subwoofer's output level." This might apply to your sub also?

Well guys, I think we have him hooked nowcwm1.gif. Nows the time to start spending some real money!

M00n. can you say endless little tweaks and add-ons that never seem to end? Take it from somebody who spent half of last year's salary on a modest two-channel system. $15k later there are still things I'd like to do, but I'm trying to back off. Seems I decided I like to have a new car. Can you say Chrysler 300M Special? I may be a bit young for such a ride (oh hell, I'm 36) but it is a rocket powered couch.

Have fun!!

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

Ya, well this sux! cwm13.gifI can see many Many MANY battles a head between me and my wife. Belive me I know all about new money sucking technologies. Seems as though ever few months, there is some new sound card or video card I *THINK* I need for my PC. BUT, PC goodies are a lot cheaper.

Ya, I just bought this thing on Sunday and I am already wondering if I should have gone with the RS-7 line. Not that my RS-3II's sound bad. But I know there is something out there that sounds better.

I don't know the audio lingo and technologies, but I do like a great sound. I will never forget my first THX entro experience in a theater. My entire body was one HUGE goosebump. I about crapped myself. Don't remember the movie, but I remember the THX entro.

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

I love that THX sound...

Have you seen the "Tex" THX intro, with the little robot that moves around the room? Pretty impressive as well.

Also, the DTS "exploding" intro is A-WE-SOME.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

quote:

Originally posted by boa12:

w/ the hk receiver, i'd rather have the rf-3 & a great sub than the rf-7 & no or just an ok sub, if you know what i mean.

Well I know what you mean, and I agree completely and totally with you, boa! Not everybody agrees, though, and I'm having a hard time convincing one of my buddies to get a sub before getting new speakers...

------------------

seb, don't want to isolate the luck ones though. of course rf-7, a great sub like the rsw-15 or those others Smile.gif, & a flexible crossover in the processor would be better. but there are those $ constraints so again its the marginal gain/benefit vs. the marginal $.

and all we know for sure is the marginal $ side.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

So, I don't know anything about the RF-7's other than they are more expensive, thus they must sound better.cwm17.gif

You say you would rather have my set over a RF-7 with no sub. That brings me to *ALAS* another question. When looking a speaker packages on the net. I seen the RF-7's withOUT subwoofers. Why are they selling witout a sub? Trying to cut the cost some or are they intended to be used without a sub? Are they kind of an all in once type speaker?

Oooohhhh, I have to go get the movie Titanic. I bet that will sound SWEEET. All the various sound affects and all in that movie.

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

Well I think something to realize with stereo equipment, is that there is always going to be something that sounds better then what you have. Unless you have 100k to spend, and even then...

Anyway your RF3s are the best speaker for the money you can get, RF7s are also the best speaker for the money in their price range imo. Its all about what ya can afford.

System:

Marantz SR8200 (in 5 days, damn backordered stuff)

Marantz VC5200 DVD

Klipsch RF3-II

Klipsch RC3

Klipsch RS3

Paradigm PW2200

JBL 4638 powered by a Parasound HCA-1000A

All protected by Monster Power 3600

This message has been edited by Maximo on 04-16-2002 at 12:28 PM