Anyone Listen To Youtube Through 2 Channel System... Or...

billybob

Am I the only lone one?

Strangely enough, I only discovered the youtube within the last year, and have upgraded from my computer speakers to my Klipsch and power them with old school equipment.

Thought I would post here versus the computer forum as technically not using a computer sound system.

Please tell me that I am being silly and that there are others...drinking the kool-aid...

Am I the only lone one?

Strangely enough, I only discovered the youtube within the last year, and have upgraded from my computer speakers to my Klipsch and power them with old school equipment.

Thought I would post here versus the computer forum as technically not using a computer sound system.

Please tell me that I am being silly and that there are others...drinking the kool-aid...

Hi BillyBob,

You are not alone. I too, visit the Tube, from time to time. It's a great source of entertainment; especially for classic videos and DIY instruction. Just one of the benefits of using a Mac Mini media server, although any computer can do it. Check out Pandora.com, as it is yet another invaluable source for music.

Cheers!

Marty

billybob

My PC is the ONLY audio source for my K-horns,

youtube quality varies wildly and is mostly horrible with a few exceptions,

I would recommend a MOG.com or Rhapsody subscription,

or Naxosmusiclibrary\naxosradio if you are into classical music.

billybob

My PC is the ONLY audio source for my K-horns,

youtube quality varies wildly and is mostly horrible with a few exceptions,

I would recommend a MOG.com or Rhapsody subscription,

or Naxosmusiclibrary\naxosradio if you are into classical music.

Geesh...dedicated K-horns...starting to feel better now...Not hip to your other recommends...glad to know other choices apparently abound...cannot imagine K-horns w/ classical, which we listen to locally........thanks

No, you certainly are not alone! I listen via a Verizon higher speed DSL connection over AOL through my PC. I have a Soundblaster sound card and the Promedia 2.1. I think it's very clean and musical, don't mind listening that way at all. The sound is comparable to classical DVD's and CD's that I play over my computer.

Youtube is an important source for sampling classical music selections, to search out or remind oneself of classical works. Its search function is very similar to Google, in that you can type in a composer and/or a word or two to bring up a selection of choices.

I copy links to selections to e-mail to people or to include in forum posts.

Unfortunately, some good selections seem to have disappeared from Youtube, perhaps for copyright reasons or possibly to facilitate sales of MP3 segments. Also, accessing on Youtube has become much complicated and getting in its own way IMO. So, it's not as good as it used to be IMO.

Larry

No, you certainly are not alone! I listen via a Verizon higher speed DSL connection over AOL through my PC. I have a Soundblaster sound card and the Promedia 2.1. I think it's very clean and musical, don't mind listening that way at all. The sound is comparable to classical DVD's and CD's that I play over my computer.

Youtube is an important source for sampling classical music selections, to search out or remind oneself of classical works. Its search function is very similar to Google, in that you can type in a composer and/or a word or two to bring up a selection of choices.

I copy links to selections to e-mail to people or to include in forum posts.

Unfortunately, some good selections seem to have disappeared from Youtube, perhaps for copyright reasons or possibly to facilitate sales of MP3 segments. Also, accessing on Youtube has become much complicated and getting in its own way IMO. So, it's not as good as it used to be IMO.

Larry

I'll have to sort out what I have but fear I need to discover what I am missing with my hookup to the aux. phono jacks onto the rear of my newly acquied SAE pre- and amp. Just making the leap to seperates and just now mentioned by 2 of you about the quality issues. Just know that I am having a blast and rediscovering music, I was not aware that I could find. While not always complete in artist's full works, it has sufficed and is a blast. The soundstage if I could improve, I will.

I have posted youtube links on the web, to only have them show up later as un-available. Was not aware that the quality, maybe even quantity is not there as before.

Thanks all! Rocking out with Nazareth w/Manny Charlton live...lol

• Moderators

I like " Live from Daryl's House". http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/welcome.html

All different kinds of musicians and alot of different versions of songs. Also you somewhat get to see how it's made and an idea how the musicians feel about different music and songs.

It's not a radio station, only one show a month but past shows are there to hear anytime, it's a good idea and I don't know of any others like it.

To me the audio quality is very good IMO. [Y]

Bravo...a virtuoso...was not aware of audience until the end of performance. I have had the pleasure of finding some "HQ" recordings which seem to bring to life say an old Bond film soundtrack. Remastered! Clean to my ears!

I do have DSL with an upgrade in speed recently. Still, at times, I have some false starts and stutters on some recordings, where at other times on the same video/audio all was good. I will need to see what I have in the way of a soundcard and related software as I have a PC versus a Mac. I may need to do an upgrade, if this will be better than what I may have now.

Thanks

I will need to see what I have in the way of a soundcard and related software as I have a PC versus a Mac

I have a Soundblaster Audigy and Klipsch Promedia 2.1's. I think it works well and sounds great. I have the Markov DVD you saw in the Youtube segment above, and I get the same fine quality as the Youtube from my Dell's DVD player using its "Power DVD" software.

I'm switching to a Soundblaster X-Fi sound card, but only to try to improve volume control flexibility between sources (DVD player, Youtube, iTunes, and Hauppauge WinTV). I can't control each separately, so juggling them gets very frustating.

I really like listening/watching videos on youtube. Quality certainly does vary, but the ones that are posted by labels or groups themselves are usually pretty good. ones shot with smaller handheld video cameras.... not so much, and I usually pass them by. Whether it is through my cheap speakers at work, or my LaScalas at home, I just enjoy the music.

Bruce