Best Match for RC-62II

Toxic_Sound

Hi All,

Not long ago I took the first step in upgrading my HT with a new RC-62II and I am looking to swapout my current mains [H].

What would you recomend as a best match for the center?

In my area the price for RF-62s can be had for just under 500€ per pair. The 82s are between 600-700€ and I could get a set of RF-63s for just under 1000€. Not sure if the 63 is overkill for the 62 and room size although I like "Made in the USA" and a real wood finish.

Any thoughts?

I can tell you what I personally think. I have RF 62's and they sound really good but they run out of gas (when I'm listening to music 2 channel). Makes me wish I had gotten the RF 82's or bigger. It does a very good job in HT area. At least get the 82's, they will go good with RC 62. Good luck

I can tell you what I personally think. I have RF 62's and they sound really good but they run out of gas (when I'm listening to music 2 channel). Makes me wish I had gotten the RF 82's or bigger. It does a very good job in HT area. At least get the 82's, they will go good with RC 62. Good luck

I had the rf-82 when I had the rc-62 very good match sounded great together. The rf-63 would be a better match to the old rc-64

Send an email to klipsch and ask them what would be s good match. Don't listen to people who have not owned the speakers u r talking about

Jason why even post on here then and ask questions if you don’t think people might have good advice. No disrespect but that statement seemed a little harsh.[:o] If the email is the only thing to go by then by all means email them and buy what they tell you.

Send an email to klipsch and ask them what would be s good match. Don't listen to people who have not owned the speakers u r talking about

Jason why even post on here then and ask questions if you don’t think people might have good advice. No disrespect but that statement seemed a little harsh.Surprise If the email is the only thing to go by then by all means email them and buy what they tell you.

+1

Didn't mean to be harsh. Sorry for offending you. The forums are a great source of information. I would just tell you to consider your source before making an expensive purchase. I consider customer support from klipsch a high quality source for information about klipsch speakers. Wouldn't you like to believe that the person your getting advice from about how a speaker sounds with another speaker has actually heard them together?

im not sure what great source of information this forum holds when you mention "So much misinformation on this forum!"

you had at least 2 persons giving you advice who own complete systems one being rf83 the other the new rf7ii's, my guess is both possibly understand which components belong in those systems, i also received the same vibe that you disregard anything said when you seek advice, im sure klipsch or any dealer for that fact will be happy to sell you any jumble you wish to assemble if you use them as gospel, i prefer to use my research and general conclusions from others who have definite knowledge of said topic to gather information rather than a supports unknown knowledge of the topic not limited to their training, motivation, or mood that day

on this threads note, rf82ii would be a great mesh for the rc62ii, also rf62ii's and rb81ii's depending on what you wish to accomplish or spend (id go with rf82ii or rb81ii and then use the bookshelves for rear duty at a later date in time if you ever wish to go cheaper now and then expand

also klipsch does for current systems make mention of which components get mated properly if you look in the lower left corner of this link

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/rc-62-ii-overview/

note: they dont make mention of previous systems that i've seen

I totally disagree. I don't think it's timbre matched. You got one e-mail and suddenly you are the only authority on this. Maybe it is, but I don't understand how it can be with different crossovers and drivers. I would say misinformation is quoting a source without doing any fact checking. That's what the National Enquirer does.

RC 64ii is "timbre" matched to the rf 83's. Misinformation is when people say that they are not timbre matched. Wouldn't u agree?

If the two speakers sound the same (rf-83 and the rc-64ii) then yes they would be and I’m wrong. But are opinions are what are being ask for right? Cause that’s what I’m giving. That’s all any of us can give you. So not sure how an opinion can be taken as misinformation. If you ask what sounds better we tell you what we think can that be misinformation? My guess they sound good together but not the same and to me that’s what timbre match is. The guy at klipsch might think it means does it sound good together who knows. Depends how you want to look at it.

Didn't mean to be harsh. Sorry for offending you. The forums are a great source of information. I would just tell you to consider your source before making an expensive purchase. I consider customer support from klipsch a high quality source for information about klipsch speakers. Wouldn't you like to believe that the person your getting advice from about how a speaker sounds with another speaker has actually heard them together?

Well Bose will tell you they have the best speakers in the world[;)]. Customer service no disrespect to any and all (Customer service) is not the authority on what’s good and what’s not.

im not sure what great source of information this forum holds when you mention "So much misinformation on this forum!"

you had at least 2 persons giving you advice who own complete systems one being rf83 the other the new rf7ii's, my guess is both possibly understand which components belong in those systems, i also received the same vibe that you disregard anything said when you seek advice, im sure klipsch or any dealer for that fact will be happy to sell you any jumble you wish to assemble if you use them as gospel, i prefer to use my research and general conclusions from others who have definite knowledge of said topic to gather information rather than a supports unknown knowledge of the topic not limited to their training, motivation, or mood that day

on this threads note, rf82ii would be a great mesh for the rc62ii, also rf62ii's and rb81ii's depending on what you wish to accomplish or spend (id go with rf82ii or rb81ii and then use the bookshelves for rear duty at a later date in time if you ever wish to go cheaper now and then expand

also klipsch does for current systems make mention of which components get mated properly if you look in the lower left corner of this link

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/rc-62-ii-overview/

note: they dont make mention of previous systems that i've seen

+1

I'm not the authority on this subject at all. I know very little about timbre matching. Just thought I would pass on the info that klipsch emailed me. The rep from klipsch name is Robert land. Feel free to contact him yourself. Your comment saying that you disagree about them being matched is ridiculous. Keep your head in the sand if you want. Or man up... Email klipsch and then apologize to this forum for spreading false information.

I'm not the authority on this subject at all. I know very little about timbre matching. Just thought I would pass on the info that klipsch emailed me. The rep from klipsch name is Robert land. Feel free to contact him yourself. Your comment saying that you disagree about them being matched is ridiculous. Keep your head in the sand if you want. Or man up... Email klipsch and then apologize to this forum for spreading false information.

now you are throwing robert under the train lol. not good